Ok i connect to 192.168.1.1 and then i type in username - nothing password - admin (by defualt i was told) and then, it says opening http://192.168.1.1/... for ever and thats it? i want to connect to it so i can open a port.

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Could be username = admin and password = nothing, but why don't you check the manual of the router? Eye problems? If you don't have the manual, download it from the manufacturers website.

Michael

This sounds like a Linksys router? When you get the logon screen type in admin in the password box and nothing else anywhere. That will get you in. If that´s not working, then try nothing in the password screen.

If that fails, you may have inadvertantly shanged the password when you were trying to get in. In that case, maybe you should call the manufacturer support line.

In that case, maybe you should call the manufacturer support line.

Or just reset the router. Because I don't believe their hotline can heklp you if you forget your password.

Michael

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.