I have a wireless G router providing internet assess for my laptop. I also have a desktop connecting to the router using a cable. When I try to share a folder in my desktop so that my laptop could view the folder, I get an error message stating Windows cannot find the DNS. The folder, however, could be assessed by my laptop if I connect my laptop to the router using a cable. Both my desktop and laptop are using Vsita. My laptop is using the same Adhoc channel as the router. Any idea?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Can you see the folder browsing to the ip address?

Can you see the folder browsing to the ip address?

I am not a sophisticated PC user. Could you show me how to perform your suggested task.

goto my computer in the address bar put \\ipaddressofcomputer\foldersharename To get the ip address of the computer with the shared folder goto start -> control panel -> net work connections -> local area network -> details tab or support tab

goto my computer in the address bar put \\ipaddressofcomputer\foldersharename To get the ip address of the computer with the shared folder goto start -> control panel -> net work connections -> local area network -> details tab or support tab

You rock. I could finally share the folder. Thanks so much for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.