i have a destop / laptop both using win XP operating system. using bellsouth modem connected to linksys wrt310n router, then connected to my desktop. the connection is excellence [high speed dsl]. just returned from vacation using my laptop wireless connection at the resort. with the laptop using my linksys network card, no wireless connection. also cannot get a IP address listed after clicking on start,run,typing cmd , ipconfig. i do not understand why the connection is good on the desktop but nothing for my laptop wireless. connnect a spare hard cable from the router to the laptop, still cannot connect to IE brower. need additional HELP !

when you type ipconfig on your laptop is the configuration same with your desktop..
try to manually key in the settings for your IP on your laptop (get settings from your desktop) then plug-in the network cable it should be able to connect to internet
if cannot connect connect to internet then some other problem..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.