Just wonder if I will be able to go online wirelessly with a DSL-modem connected to an accesspoint and then using a computer with a wireless network card.....

At the moment I only have one client computer...

Will this configuration be possible or do I need to connect a router somewhere?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Just wonder if I will be able to go online wirelessly with a DSL-modem connected to an accesspoint and then using a computer with a wireless network card.....

At the moment I only have one client computer...

Will this configuration be possible or do I need to connect a router somewhere?

Likely the isp only gives you one dynamic public IP. You will have to set your AP for dhcp. Then you will have to set your hosts for dhcp. It's really easy. tell me if you need more help.

Likely the isp only gives you one dynamic public IP. You will have to set your AP for dhcp. Then you will have to set your hosts for dhcp. It's really easy. tell me if you need more help.

Where do you set the dhcp?
i assume you afe doing this so that the host and accessing desktop can communicate?

you have an access point right? what type you'll need to know so you can know its default private ip address and default password. Once you have that login and just enable dhcp it's prob already enabled. also go on your host and if you have xp go to control panel network and internet connections. right click on your connection ( the one your connection to your AP with) go to properties. scroll down go to tcp ip and set to obtain ip and dns automatically. apply. done

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.