There is a good tool for pcap base protocol testing.
You can modify the pcap by using this tool.
http://www.packetsquare.com
packetsquare is a open-source packet modification tool. It is used for protocol testing and hacking. This tool is capable to parse and modify Ethernet II, VLAN(802.1Q), MPLS, ARP, IPv4, ICMP, TCP, UDP, IGMPv3 protocols & this tool is having some unique features like Stream Based Packet field modification, Packet Deletion/Duplication/Reordering, IP and MAC Address Find And Replace, Auto CheckSum for IP/ICMP/IGMP/TCP/UDP, Pcap Replay (Selected Single packet/Multiple packets).

I checked by internet speed and my upload is way off . Should be 512 KB but all is was getting is 218kbps and my QoS was below 50%. Thus my Voip phone not functioning (my voice keep on cracking up to the receiving party). Could I use this programme to monitor my bandwidth to see why I not running as close as to 100% as possible?

I checked by internet speed and my upload is way off . Should be 512 KB but all is was getting is 218kbps and my QoS was below 50%. Thus my Voip phone not functioning (my voice keep on cracking up to the receiving party). Could I use this programme to monitor my bandwidth to see why I not running as close as to 100% as possible?

This tool must be used with the traffic capture files generated with wireshark, tcpdump etc.
The protocols fields inside the capture file can be modified through gui interface and replayed to test different network devices functionality.

pcaps can be downloaded form pcapr.net

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.