Hi all,

I'm not having much knowledge about Connections and networks, so I need a help from you guys.
I have Belkin connection in my flat and I was trying to connect in to internet through wireless connection for my laptop. When I setup the wireless connection it became a network (Microsoft Pc network) and other users who used the internet before can not log in to internet now. How do I remove my computer from network and let the other users use the internet individually.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

When you say "it became a network(Microsoft Pc networ)" do you mean it became connected? If you want to disconnect, just right click on the connection and click disconnect. But there should be a solution to allow all of you on.

Hi all,

I'm not having much knowledge about Connections and networks, so I need a help from you guys.
I have Belkin connection in my flat and I was trying to connect in to internet through wireless connection for my laptop. When I setup the wireless connection it became a network (Microsoft Pc network) and other users who used the internet before can not log in to internet now. How do I remove my computer from network and let the other users use the internet individually.

Lets see if I can help. So you have a Belkin Wireless router, and your friends can no longer connect to it. This is most likely because you have now secured your connection. Securing your connection is a method of authentication and encryption that will only allow people to connect to the wireless router if they know the "key" or "passphrase." Depending on what type of wireless security you have set up, it wil be one or the other. You can access your wireless router(usually) by typing 192.168.1.1 into your web browser. What I would do is keep your settings, and figure out your password. This is done by navigating to the security page. If you want your freinds to be able to connect to your wireless router, simply give them the password, and they can connect to it.

Thanks guys, I have done the instruction and now we all can connect to the internet without any problem. It is so nice to have a community like this and thanks a lot to daniweb as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.