Hi I have an acoustic Energy Wi-Fi Internet radio

This device connects to a wireless network and plays internet radio stations.

I have a laptop connected via a LAN to a broadband connection that also has in inbuilt wireless card.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2

How do I create and Ad-Hoc network to allow my internet radio to use my internet connection?

I already have a network bridge in place between the wireless connection and the LAN, and when my mate created one on his mac, he could connect to the internet.

so how do I create and broadcast the network from XP?

Cheers,

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

...I have a laptop connected via a LAN to a broadband connection that also has in inbuilt wireless card...I already have a network bridge in place between the wireless connection and the LAN...

since there isn't a universally singular way of setting up a "LAN" i'm a little confused about your setup. the following is a list of what i think you have, but letting us know would be best in order to assist you properly.

1) ISP service provides broadband service
2) incoming broadband connects to cable modem?
3) modem to wireless router?
4) router to network bridge?
5) then what?

also, is this the exact internet radio you're talking about? if not please provide a link. thanks!

Hi,

I live in university halls in Britan and have a Cat5e Socket in the wall.

Plug my laptop into that and am then connected to the internet via the university's LAN.

I have a "Windows Made" Network Bridge in my computer between my Network Card and Wireless Card.

Unfortunately I have no wireless router there, or it would be an easy job.

What I basically need is to get Windows to broadcast an ad-hoc network for the radio to pick up.

That is the correct radio.

Cheers,

...What I basically need is to get Windows to broadcast an ad-hoc network for the radio to pick up.

I'd recommend that you get a wireless router & plug it into the rj-45 wall jack - problem solved, no? - since having you're laptop act as a transcevier is going to be both a software and hardware solution, and as far as I know such a third-party product isn't currently available.

Hi, I was hoping to not have to buy the router, as being a student I can't really afford it.

What annoys me is that my m8 can do it from his ibook, but not me from windows :(

Cheers anyways

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.