My Dell Inspiron laptop freezes almost instantly on connecting to a particular wifi network. I have done a thorough antivirus scan and have recently re-installed windows. But still the problem continues. I hav also updated the wlan mini card and the virtual wifi miniport adapter. Please help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tarael1

Have you tried this: go to support.dell.com drivers and downloads for home users then plug in your Service Tag # to the box and see if there are any updated drivers for your laptop. I would check for all hardware updates especially if you just reinstalled windows. It is a bit of a process since you need to download them first ( use Internet Explorer for this) with a Dell download manager, Put them in a temporary folder and unpack and install them one at a time. It helps to keep a running list because the numbers of the drivers don't have the names until you open them. Good luck Tarael

I downloaded n installed all the updates but the problem persists...

Does it freeze when plugged in by ethernet cable? Have you looked in the System/Device Manager? Can you get into Task Manager with Ctrl-Alt-Del when it freezes or does it just freeze the browser? What is your OS? What Browser are you using? More info please... I'll ponder it further...
Tarael

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.