Hi,

I installed Virtualmin GPL on a new Ubuntu 12.04LTS virtual server, and as part of the process generated a self signed certificate which all worked swimmingly. However, I got the "You attempted to reach nh03.netthost.co.za, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system" warning each time I went to the Virtualmin interface.

To solve this, I rushed out and bought my very first SSL certificate ever, from RapidSSL. I followed all the instructions I could find on Google, etc, and I think the certificate is installed properly, but I still have a problem. When I go to the url, I get “You attempted to reach nh04.netthost.co.za, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as * “ (in Chrome).

Clearly, somewhere, somehow something is being redirected to *.nh04.nethost.co.za when I want to go to nh04.netthost.co.za:10000 (or 20000).

I have checked on www.digicert.com/help/ and that shows that nh04.netthost.co.za is hunky dory. There only seems to be an issue when port 10000 or 20000 is involved.

I would really appreciate any suggestions as to how to get rid of the pesky "*".

Regards,

William.

I had to copy the cert to Usermin and Webmin.

commented: Thanks for sharing. +14
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.