Good... Its really so amazing to understand use of vpn clearly, But still confusing on how to creates vpn and configure them between client/server because this is my project from my cooperative company. Can i got helps anywhere pls. Moreover is it available in hardware or software and perhaps can it be created by the windows available at a point.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Moreover is it available in hardware or software and perhaps can it be created by the windows available at a point.

VPN systems come in both hardware and software solutions. If you have Windows server, you can set it up to support VPN clients.

There is quite a bit of design work needed and you have to know what your security requirements are in advance before implementing a solution.

Fantastics, Well... Here in the company we are using windows server2003. But to start the configuration for the VPN is the major problem i'm enccounter.

Great to Your Good Response

Well, I wouldnt particularly implement a Windows solution for the enterprise since you typically have more than just plain Windows endpoints. Here is a Microsoft guide that I used to use in the lab environment at school when we had lessons that covered RRAS and VPN. It happens to be written for 2003 so, you may want to take a look and try it out. Windows RRAS and VPN is fairly easy to set up. Gathering security requiremnets, design and an enterprise class system is what is more challenging to implement.

Step-by-Step Guide for Setting Up VPN-based Remote Access in a Test Lab

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.