Hello everyone! I am new to this site and hopefully able to get some help!

I have a Toshiba Satellite M35-S359 laptop running Windows XP. I am unable to connect to a wireless network! It detects my WPA encrypted network just fine, but when i type in my password it does not connect. It asks for another longer, alphanumeric password. I have other computers that connect to this same network just fine requesting only my WPA password. I have an UBUNTU disk that I run on the same laptop and I am able to connect to the same wireless network with no problem.
(I will try to answer any follow up questions to the best of my ability as I am quite a newbie when it comes to this)
I would really appreciate any feedback.
Thank You.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Xlphos

Does your password contain any special characters? If so, then please check your language settings.

For example, when you enable UK English in Windows, it recognises # as £.

Try this : Go to Regional and Language settings from the control panel and change all your language inputs to English (US).

It worked for me, thought I'd have you try it too.

It has no special characters AdarshN, but I will check the language inputs.
Thanks

Checked language inputs...they were already set for English.
I don't understand why i can connect to the wireless networks under Ubuntu OS but not Windows XP on the same computer?!

SO frustrating...

Have you tried the Hexidecimal password? you should be able to get this from your router.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.