I have had the same configuration for accessing the internet for a couple of years, when all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, it has ceased to work. I have the modem connected through a wired (dlink) router, which is then connected to my desktop and also to a wireless (buffalo) router. It stopped working and I tried everything that I could think of to revive it, with no success. When I connect my PC directly to the modem, it works fine, so there is no problem with the connection out. I am able to ping the DNS servers with no problem and the wired router is acquiring an IP address from the server. However, I cannot use either Firefox or IE to connect to the internet, nor can I use any sort of update software to get online. I have even tried disabling my ZoneAlarm software in case this was the problem, but nothing still. I have tried using both static and DHCP IPs on the network computers with no luck. I have reset the wired router to factory defaults and started over, again with no luck. Any ideas on what the problem might be or what else I could try to fix this?

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by DMR

What you've described doesn't point to an obvious suspect. Swapping the positioning of the two routers in the connection scheme is the next thing I would try.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.