I just bought a toshiba satelitte notebook a few weeks ago. I had it set up on my wireless network and everything was fine. Now the last few days, it just will not pick up a signal. I have a couple of computers on my network and they are all still working fine. So I'm pretty sure that I have narrowed it down to just being my computer as the problem.

It will still show full strength but it still says limited to no connectivity. The other computers are still connected and they are not experiencing this problem. I have recently tried the ipconfig/release..... but it has not solved the problem.

So my two questions are this,
1. How do I fix this problem, or what are some ways to try at least?
2. How do you think this happened in the first place?

The reason is that I just turned it on one day and it stopped working. So I would like to know what possibly could have caused this problem so that I can make sure to not let it happen again.

And all of my adware, spyware, virus protection is up to date.

So any help would be very much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have also just tried the winsock program as I have seen that has fixed a few of these problems. Nothing changed though. So still looking for any answers.

Is it possible theres outside interference screwing it up?

A few tests:

* Turn off all of the devices on your network for a minute or two. Turn them back on in this order, letting each device fully boot/initialize before turning on the next device:
1) The modem
2) The router
3) The Toshiba
Leave the other computers off.

* If the computer has an Ethernet port, try connecting it to the network via a CAT5 cable.

* Try uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless adapter and its driver software.

Let us know the exact results of the above steps.

-

I just bought a toshiba satelitte notebook a few weeks ago. I had it set up on my wireless network and everything was fine. Now the last few days, it just will not pick up a signal. I have a couple of computers on my network and they are all still working fine. So I'm pretty sure that I have narrowed it down to just being my computer as the problem.

It will still show full strength but it still says limited to no connectivity. The other computers are still connected and they are not experiencing this problem. I have recently tried the ipconfig/release..... but it has not solved the problem.

So my two questions are this,
1. How do I fix this problem, or what are some ways to try at least?
2. How do you think this happened in the first place?

The reason is that I just turned it on one day and it stopped working. So I would like to know what possibly could have caused this problem so that I can make sure to not let it happen again.

And all of my adware, spyware, virus protection is up to date.

So any help would be very much appreciated.

i had the same problem with my acer aspire, try ipconfig /release, then ipconfig /renew . this sorted it for me, hope this helps

darren

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.