Heyah.

I also have the same problem. Im using a linksys router, model number BEFSR41 ver.2 and i too am having problem connecting to the internet. The router is working fine as my pc is picking up the network. And other computers on the network can all access the internet fine. This isnt the first time it is has happened to me. The last few times, ive had to resort to formatting the computer. Which then fixed the problem. But this time round id rather not have to resort to formatting. Ive Installed all my drivers again. Tryed running the linksys setup wizard again. Which picks up the network and installs fine. but when it gos to take me to the linksys page after the setup, i get WORK OFFLINE.

Any Help would be much appreciated !

Thanks alot.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

dan1
If you have already update the drivers and are sure they are the correct ones. Have you tried replacing the network cable going the system that is having the problem? Since other machines connected via this router are able to access the internet it rules out the router but it could be the port. Have you tried switch ports? If you go a command prompt and do an ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew are you assigned a new ip address?

AJZ

dan1
If you have already update the drivers and are sure they are the correct ones. Have you tried replacing the network cable going the system that is having the problem? Since other machines connected via this router are able to access the internet it rules out the router but it could be the port. Have you tried switch ports? If you go a command prompt and do an ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew are you assigned a new ip address?

AJZ

Hi.

Yes. Ive tryed putting my cable into other slots where i know the internet deffinately works. And still nothing. It picks up the network. But still i cant acess the internet.

I did the ipconfig/release and it cleared my ip address. I did /ipconfig/renew and it does assign me a new ip address. But still no internet :(

your firewall is set to that on the property menu..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.