hi, first of all i would just like to say hi as im new here.

anyway ive recently been encountering a problem with my firewall. i have had limewire for some time now, and i have also recently downloaded AVG and Spyware Doctor (just incase that helps)

ever since installing those 2 programs my limewire has detected a firewall, so i cant download no songs..... i have looked through both prgrams but cannot find anything to do with a firewall. i looked on my windows security center and that says i am using windows firewall. i have tryed lots of different things but cannot find any way to switch it off.

Thanks For Reading

-Mick

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Start Button --> control panel --> security center --> windows firewall --> off....

also limewire should have a setting under it's connection option that says my computer is behind a firewall...

"check" the box or bubble.

Do remember though that limeware as a p2p service is not a legal way of obtaining music, movies or anything else of that nature.
I don't believe the "paid" version is either. But don't hold me to that one.

hi, first of all i would just like to say hi as im new he

anyway ive recently been encountering a problem with my firewall. i have had limewire for some time now, and i have also recently downloaded AVG and Spyware Doctor (just incase that helps)

ever since installing those 2 programs my limewire has detected a firewall, so i cant download no songs..... i have looked through both prgrams but cannot find anything to do with a firewall. i looked on my windows security center and that says i am using windows firewall. i have tryed lots of different things but cannot find any way to switch it off.

Thanks For Reading

-Mick

you should try uninstalling the two programs. you can go to programs and characteristics and click on the two programs you installed and simply uninstall them

-Celso23

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.