I am trying to map one of my LAN drives from a remote location over the web, through my router.

I have a LinkSys BEFW11S4 wireless router. I am able to PCAnywhere in through the router, and I am able to get to the routers maintenance features over the web, but just can't figure out how to Map a drive past my router.

Anyone able to tell me how to do this? :confused:

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by seekerofpats

I'm don't understand your question. But you are trying to map a drive in one computer from a shared floder of another computer in your LAN - and you are trying to access this computer remotly - or you are trying to map a drive in a WAN connection? or trying to create a FTP folder... not too clear what your q is...

Reading this thread I have the same problem but I was hoping I could elaborate on it and possibly get an answer. I have a d-link DI-624 wireless router that is integrated into the lan, not a border router. It currently has a static ip address of 10.x.x.x and pushes out its own dhcp of 192.168.1.x. We have a script that pushes out 2 mapped drives, one assigned to the user account that maps their personal drive, and one that is pushed out with grp policy that maps a shared drive. If I connect this laptop directly to the wall outlet I get those mapped drives, but when connected to the router which in turn is connected to the wall outlet then I do not. I have opened up ports 1-1024 to cover the windows sharing ports, but it does not seem to have worked. I managed to manually map a test folder that i set up, and when i logged off my user and back on the drives appeared. I then restarted the computer to fully test it, and the drive did not appear stating code 80070035 (network drive not found). Any help at all would be much appreciated.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.