I am trying to map one of my LAN drives from a remote location over the web, through my router.

I have a LinkSys BEFW11S4 wireless router. I am able to PCAnywhere in through the router, and I am able to get to the routers maintenance features over the web, but just can't figure out how to Map a drive past my router.

Anyone able to tell me how to do this? :confused:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm don't understand your question. But you are trying to map a drive in one computer from a shared floder of another computer in your LAN - and you are trying to access this computer remotly - or you are trying to map a drive in a WAN connection? or trying to create a FTP folder... not too clear what your q is...

Reading this thread I have the same problem but I was hoping I could elaborate on it and possibly get an answer. I have a d-link DI-624 wireless router that is integrated into the lan, not a border router. It currently has a static ip address of 10.x.x.x and pushes out its own dhcp of 192.168.1.x. We have a script that pushes out 2 mapped drives, one assigned to the user account that maps their personal drive, and one that is pushed out with grp policy that maps a shared drive. If I connect this laptop directly to the wall outlet I get those mapped drives, but when connected to the router which in turn is connected to the wall outlet then I do not. I have opened up ports 1-1024 to cover the windows sharing ports, but it does not seem to have worked. I managed to manually map a test folder that i set up, and when i logged off my user and back on the drives appeared. I then restarted the computer to fully test it, and the drive did not appear stating code 80070035 (network drive not found). Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.