Hello all,

Here is my problem in detail,

I have to get data from remote server to local server. currently i am working on local server trying to connect to the remote server through php script. but rempte server is blocked due to security reasons.

I am the admin for the database in remote server and admin in local server too. But I could not unblock the firewall.

I am asked to make a hole to the remote server so that I can pull the data from it through my local machine.

I tried possible stuff like
1) Add a port in remote machine to give access to local server to fecth. ( group policy denied)
2) I tried
netsh firewall set icmpsetting type =All mode =Enable in remote server command prompt and the reply was ok.
but i tried to connect there is no effect

PS. Remoter server is windows machine
local server is linux machine

any help is appreciated

Thanks
manor

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,
Is there any open port in the remote machine?
If you are not having any open ports, you are supposed to change the firewall settings.
Nothing can be done in php if didnt have any open ports for this.
You will not have permissions as db administrator to change group permissions (even for firewall). Only the group administrator can do this.

Regards,
Praveen

Hello all,

Here is my problem in detail,

I have to get data from remote server to local server. currently i am working on local server trying to connect to the remote server through php script. but rempte server is blocked due to security reasons.

I am the admin for the database in remote server and admin in local server too. But I could not unblock the firewall.

I am asked to make a hole to the remote server so that I can pull the data from it through my local machine.

I tried possible stuff like
1) Add a port in remote machine to give access to local server to fecth. ( group policy denied)
2) I tried
netsh firewall set icmpsetting type =All mode =Enable in remote server command prompt and the reply was ok.
but i tried to connect there is no effect

PS. Remoter server is windows machine
local server is linux machine

any help is appreciated

Thanks
manor

Thanks so much.
I spoke to network techi guys at my school..
they said they will contact me and open the port for me so that i can access data..
I appreciate ur help

Manor

Hi,

My problem is when i go to ping server in my client system msg display request time out but i ping from my server all client reply but i can't access my server file in client i disable my ip sec remote & routing access but my problem is not solve pls reply me as soon as possible .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.