Hi Friends,
I thought of starting a thread where we can get the best available specification(latest available ) for any PC or Network component(hardware). A a starting trigger i would like to
know the fastest USB interface available for PC architecture and as well for Laptops.If anyone out there around these, please share..

Regards,
Vishal

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

You're kidding.

No consensus would ever be reached because there are hundreds of mobos out there with hundreds of variants and thousands of bits and pieces to fit on.

If you're really lucky, people might get locked in battle over Intel vs AMD, Quad versus Core 2 duo; ATI vs nVidia; value RAM vs standard RAM; Netgear vs DLink vs Belkin vs Draytec vs Itchygoochy - and all the foregoing in combination with each other. Raid vs SATA.....

So you are kidding? Yes?

No! i am not Kidding. I was just curious to find out what was the latest technology, no matter who is the manufacturer.

You get that from the computer mags, many of them online!

I agree that that's the very known way to the world. I can do that. I can go through all the IT magazines and google and browse through the results (even then i will not be sure about latest, considering the number of manufactures/links to traverse ). Any way, my objective is to just update myself from somebody who is closely working in that area and willing to share( researching, involved in development or a technology expert and have updated knowledge on that particular product/field).

Forgive my sarcasm, but they all came flocking to this thread!

Hi Friends,
A a starting trigger i would like to
know the fastest USB interface available for PC architecture and as well for Laptops.If anyone out there around these, please share..

USB2, ist not new, but its the fastest.

At tghe moment dual core seems to be the way to go for CPUs

quad core is out there as well.

quad core isnt worth it ATM, youd be better off gertting a fast, well cached, dual core for the price of a basic quad

for a home pc - maybe.
btw, is FBD available for home PCs now?

Fbd?

and quad core isnt for servers

my dual xenons kick the ass of my Core 2 extreme at running exchange, sql

You're kidding.

No consensus would ever be reached.....

If you're really lucky, people might get locked in battle over ... Quad versus Core 2 duo.....

Told you!

That's cool.. It look's healthy .. also i'm getting educated:icon_cool:

That's cool.. It look's healthy .. also i'm getting educated:icon_cool:

Your're kidding! You're getting educated? By me perhaps?

You've got 2 "experts" slugging it out and from what I've read neither of them are right! You'll gain nothing from whaat's been written so far!

Sorry to be such a kill-joy - but human nature will not meet your trust!

Fbd?

and quad core isnt for servers

my dual xenons kick the ass of my Core 2 extreme at running exchange, sql

fully buffered dimms.

dual xeons are better than core2 when it comes to server work, that´s why they are used in servers. in general, coreduo was designed not with speed in mind, but with heat efficiency.

but quad core, especially quad core xeons are great for running esx servers in virtual computational clusters.

yeah but speed isnt everything

just one of my xeons 3.6 with 4mb cache kicks the ass of my P4HT overclocked to 4ghz with 2mb cache

cache is more imprtant IMHO e.g a small 1 or 2ghz ish core2 will kick the ass off a 3ghz P4

of course cache is more important - it is the main CPU bottleneck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.