what can it be,when i turn my laptop on just the screen flikker 1second and i hear my harddrive ,and i can swap cd s from my cdrom but the system does nothing

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

HI,
Problem,i have a laptop here that will not boot,light on dvd player buzzing,but a black screen.Any ideas ?
hugh

hi..
i have a query regarding my compaq v2000 laptop..its not working now although it was working fine the previous night...
it doesn't even switch on by pressing the power button..when i plug in the charger ..the battery light glows for a minute and then goes off..well that i can understand that if the battery is fully charged already, as i don't remeber the status of battery last time it was working..
so please tell me what can go wrong with it...and the possible solutions..

HI,
Problem,i have a laptop here that will not boot,light on dvd player buzzing,but a black screen.Any ideas ?
hugh

Dude I have the exact same problem you do. Is yours an HP dv6000?

Hi everyone!
So, you don't see a screen when you start the computer? Well, I had a similar problem. I had an HP Pavilion Ze5300 and it turns out that the backlight/bulb and inverter was bad, so check that.

Otherwise, I could be the Mobo.

Ps- I have a problem! My laptop's power board is a bust! It is seperate from the mobo itself, and I can replace it, but has anyone had any success in doing so? I have a dell latitude d610.
Thanks

I have gone through the thread and found that you all have almost similar problem with your systems. and none of you have mentioned the how you got it solved. So I would suggest you to contact a professional computer repair expert, who can diagnose your system's problem and get it repaired.

Regards

My laptop hp 510 is nw a headache to me, after severally changing o/s linux mandriva> windows xp 2000> server 2008> xp . Then after installing updated all required drivers, I can't still hear sound output till i use headphones, please help! its urgent

Ok a friend of mind laptop boots but i can see the screen menu, all is black screen and on/off message. please help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.