Hi guys, i have a toshiba laptop the model is a305-s6858 and i'm wondering if my laptop contains a pci express card and can i use for example a vidock? I just want to add an external graphic card to my laptop in order to be able to play games and/or edit with 3d programs (which i tend to use a lot) Please help me. Here is the site of vidocks http://www.villageinstruments.com/tiki-index.php?page=ViDock The help would be greatly appreciated, also if anyone knows and tells me which of all the vidock versions is the maximum i can handle i can truly say i know no great way to appreciate all this help. Please help? contact me at chrisfernam@gmail.com

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by chrisfernam

Most current laptops have pci-x hardware, but no easy way for a user to connect to them, other than via a docking station, or in the case of the ViDock devices, via the ExpressCard port, which this model should have.

ok thank you. Yes i noticed my laptop has an express card slot; However, is there a limit to which version of vidock my laptop can handle? For instance, how can i know if version 1, 2 or 3 of the vidocks function in my laptop? I'm very curious about each of the vidock's certifications because i'm considering of buying one very soon. I want to get the best one possible. Thanks for the help by the way and can you help me with this?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.