i'm have sony vaio pcg-z1va ,but ram on board dead. i add new ram 512 but bios show 1GB then runing 15 minutes it reset.Anybody help remove old ram on board,thanks:eek:

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jingda

Hi,

I have the exact same problem - having a BAD onboard ram (vaio z1va).
Anyone that could help???

Thank you very much!!!!!!

Hi
I am having also same Sony Vaio. Giving same problem. Built in RAM is giving trouble. i can't use my laptop every moment hanging and blue screen. Please help with the solution.......

Since you already diagnose that the built in ram is giving you trouble why not replace it with a new one or change the ram stick to another slots. There are always two slots in a laptop.

Since you already diagnose that the built in ram is giving you trouble why not replace it with a new one or change the ram stick to another slots. There are always two slots in a laptop.

Can i unplug only the built in ram from the motherboard?? where i can find this RAM. without built-in RAM if i use extra RAM slot will it work??

You have to open your laptop case and find the ram slot. There are two slots together, there are two latches at the side of a slot. Release it and slide the ram stick out and you can replace it.

Do not replace your ram if you do not know how to do it. Consult a friend who has experience in it.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.