Hi all,
Some laptops come with dedicated gpus while some laptops come with integrated gpu.
I bought a Sony Vaio laptop with Intel core i5-2450 and Nvidia graphics card....
Does my laptop graphics( like windows aero) work even If I disable the Nvidia driver....
What do I have to in order to make it work like that.....
Does it work if I install Intel graphics drivers.....?
Thanks in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

yes it should ,but it would not be that good .it would just use windows default video drive ,most laptops come with a decitaded video device,soldered to the motherboard ,some /all good gaming laptops have devices that can be removed /changed there would be no intel video driver[having nvideo is considered to be better than having the Intel device ] because its not using intergrated intel device, its using nvida device .what is the exact model of the sone,usually found on the bottom of the laptop
why would you want to disable the nvida device ,just curisuos

Does my laptop graphics( like windows aero) work even If I disable the Nvidia driver.

Quite a number of laptops are coming with Intel integrated video, as well as nVidia video adaptors, and switch between them (if you run Windows 7) seamlessly, depending upon what your video requirements may be. Myself, I disable the Intel video, since it takes up needed RAM resources (the nVidia hardware has its own vRAM). In any case, the nVidia is better than the Intel video hardware, but if you want to use more than 2 displays, then you will need to keep the Intel hardware enabled. As for Aero, I can't say since I disable it as soon as I can - it just gets in my way...

I guess I need to start a refresher reading binge,as im seem to be getting behind a bit in whats going on .

why would you want to disable the nvida device ,just curisuos

I really do not want to disable it but just a bit curious about it.....

I really do not want to disable it but just a bit curious about it.....

ok
so what is the exat model number of the laptop

ok
so what is the exat model number of the laptop

Sony VPCEH3AEN, NVIDIA GEFORCE with CUDA

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.