Windows 7 Action Center is repeatedly telling me that my Mcafee program is either not working or has stopped working X number of time. When I go to my Mcafee Total Protection screen it is telling me that everything is fine and that my computer is protected. I have run a virus scan and sat through it, watching it the whole time to make sure it did not stop -- it didn't. According to Mcafee's logs, there have been no problems. Just to be extra sure I went to their tech support and ran the virtual technician to see if it detected anything and it said everything was good!

I have done all of my updates for both Windows and Mcafee.

Any suggestions as to why this conflict is occuring and what to do about it? Should I just ignore what the Action center is telling me about Mcafee? I know that there are those who don't like Mcafee, but I've been using it for years. I first broke down and paid for an A/V years ago after my "frankenputer" was hit pretty hard and I've stuck with them ever since now that we have two now Dells. The other computer also gets the same message in the action center, although it seems like it doesn't occure as often.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 and McAfee with no such Action Center messages. I also have a custom-built PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.