Sorry to bother, what is the best site/avenue to find serious programmers interested in joining a project to develop a course-building program for ordinary experts (i.e., non-programmers) who want to help people learn who have never had the opportunity for a good education. I.e., this is a poverty-in-education fighting idea for the Andean countries. I live in Peru.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

First, start working on it. Then, after you've shown some progress, you'll have an easier time convincing somebody to help you.

First, start working on it. Then, after you've shown some progress, you'll have an easier time convincing somebody to help you.

Thanks, illness and moving have gotten in the way of my attending to this thread. Sorry. Thanks. I have developed the concept quite extensively. It's basically a program to make it possible for content experts to easily create online courses for the zillions of poor people in Peru and elsewhere without having to go through Learning Management Systems.

I've stabbed at constructing a wireframe, but there's where I'm hung up.

Given that in Peru software development is not very advanced, should I be trying to talk to US universities, since I think this would be best as open source? I've not been able to locate beyond Daniweb, online discussion groups where techies hang out. And are there any groups who could work with newbies like myself to understand how contracts work in this area since frankly I'd not like the whole idea to be grabbed out from under me.

Thanks for any other words of wisdom.
Sharon

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.