I need your suggestion in developing a Database - I will use MYSQL as database. My database will have below specifications -
- 1 table "Table-1" with 2 columns - DateTime and Integer Value
- 1 table"Table-2" with 5 Columns - columns having process details (i am doing some testing and each test performed is called as process)
- for every process "Table-1" will have 3500 entries and "Table-2" will have only 1 entry
- I have 5-10 process per day
- I have to maintain data for entire Year.
Now please suggest which of the following should I do ?
1. Add a column (to identify the related process) and Keep adding data to my Table-1 for all processes. This will make my Table-1 very large
2. Make a separate Table-1 for every process. This will result in lots of tables
3. I make a Table-1 every month and keep track of process dates in my Table-2
Please let me know if any of above is good solution or should I have a different approach?
Thanks in advance