i make m3d modelling in AUTODESKMAYA and animation i would like to know how can create with a small action game (video game) waht language i must use what tolls i must use, is it possible my mind???

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

C++, Lineral Math, DirectX or OpenGL, Bitwise operations, etc.
It will be a good idea to know how the memory is organized, for further work.
The SDL, SFML libraries are an option too.

i work with unity..amazing game engine..we are team of two..my buddy is a 3d artist he deals with 3dmax and maya for modeling and creating enviroments and lightning..backing etc...
and i deal with scripting (javascript, but u can choose between c# and python) and audio (i use reason for soundFX)
its a lot of hard work and u need creativity and money bcz if u wanna sell it u need to buy the soft(15000$) and get game license (license per individual) and purchase the platform addon u wanna work on, in my case its android(15000$) each addon costs the same,win,mac,ps3,xbox,ios its really the same game but different inputs and resolution
this is a serious buissnes but if u want it just for fun u can try it for free u will get 30 days and u can sell your game with the free version but itll be watermarked and u cant earn more than 100,000$ a year or u can sell your game to unity company and get 20% of the earnings.
gd luck

thank you very much to reply me.
i don't want just for fun for serius business in future.
then you advise me to learn : C++ , C#,PYTHON,JAVASCRIPT DIRECTX, OPENGL, AND LINEAR MATH ??????

game scripting of course differs from web or software scripting cause you will be scripting for prefabs, physics, how much life does your player still got or does he collide with something how does he interact, enemies AI,game objects, controllers, cameras, playing animation or audios etc... my point is that you need to learn just the basics of one of these languages (java,C#,Boo) and dont go deep into it, if you are already familiar with one then go to unity community for tutorials on game scripting also there is script referance in their website which you will be need

sorry my bad its 1500$ not 15000$.

Thnak you Oussama
i see you advise me only c# why not c++ i believe c# is only for windows right???
and java is not for web and mobile ???
i would like to learn diference betwin that language

no that's not right..it all depends on the software you are working on
unity software comes with a customized software called MonoDevelop for debugging scripts which accepts these three languages.
here's a photo of unity and the script language you can create

e14eb8adb5d8b31b8104e12aad041d6a

and here's the "End-user license agreement" for unity
gd luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.