Hello:

I am new to Macromedia Flash. I have been building some simple movies and games via tutorials and experimenting with Actionscript; I am looking for the method to display an image dynamically against a background upon user-input, say, via mouse selection on an element upon the screen (I have this bit down, mouse input-- I just simply need now to fire an image in response to the mouse input and render it upon the screen in a predeteremined area of the stage).

I have found many tutorials (most poorly-written) and reference material online. I am hacking around and taking apart some Actionscript hoping to discover how to accomplish this image painting.

I am not asking for the code directly, only a link to a well-written tutorial, an Actionscript game + source to take apart, or just a shove in the proper direction. I am already really enjoying Flash and I see that it holds massive potential to me as a programmer\designer\artist.

Thank-you in advance for any help offered.

Kind Regards,
MattyD

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How about this and this for a start ?

Keep on googling and you will find lots of them.

commented: Flash Help # thanks again-- MattyD +5

How about this and this for a start ?

Keep on googling and you will find lots of them.

Thank-you my Friend. ;) You never cease to amaze me with your ongoing and various areas of study, knowledge, and resources. Awesome. :D

Kind Regards,
Matty

commented: Anything for a friend ;) - ~s.o.s~ +14

Thank-you my Friend. ;) You never cease to amaze me with your ongoing and various areas of study, knowledge, and resources. Awesome. :D

Kind Regards,
Matty

*bows*

Long live search engines... ;)

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Well, what you want to do could be done using loadMovie(.....) and mouse event such as onMouseUp, onMouseDown etc etc...

These all will work with Flash 6 and above. Use your actionscript reference which is always with Flash to know more about these functions or here's a link http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actionscript_dictionary/actionscript_dictionary423.html.

Also if you wanna learn lot about Flash including adavnced acrionscript, using xml php with flash, or 3d animation and even game development http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash/index.htm is a great resource.

commented: #thank-you for your Flash help, Vishesh :) MattyD +5
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.