hi all..

how can i read a list of files in various folders in windows server 2003 and then display the list in c# program.

i heard there is some code to link between windows server 2003 and c#, but it is nowhere to be found.( or i couldn't find it. )

or is there any other way to do it??

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What's the difference to run C# code on Windows Server 2003 and XP, Vista or even Windows 7?
All is one, Just read in DirectoryInfo and FileInfo classes part from System.IO namespace.
If you search in this forum you'll find a similar thread too.

What's the difference to run C# code on Windows Server 2003 and XP, Vista or even Windows 7?

oh, thanks for quick reply. but i dont want the c# software to run in windows server 2003.

the software is run locally in the computer but it needs to read a list of data in the server ( which happened to be windows server 2003 ).
This list of data is updated daily and i need the program to list the data in the server right after i open this program.

works exactly the same for a mounted share as it would locally.

So, what do you need?? Do you face network problem? or you survey our opinion :D?

no.. i need some suggestions how to effectively code and connect between windows server 2003 and c#.:'(

link to other similar threads or tutorials also appreciable.
;)

Then I go back to what RamyMahrous said, it works the same as XP etc, so, get googling on how to look at file and directory structures.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.