How to retrieve Motherboard, Hard Disk serial numbers and other related information on Windows 64 bit OS?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for leegeorg07

for HD information you can open cmd prompt and type dir, when your working directory is in each one and it should show the info at the start

That's an OS created volume serial number. From the OP's question, I gather he wants the hardware serial numbers.

This isn't really a C++ question, more an operating system one. That said, which Windows 64 bit - XP, Vista, Win7?

Try SiSoftware's Sandra 2009 - it's 64 bit compatible, and (at least on the older version I have) it will give the hardware serial numbers for mobo, hard drive, and lots of other information. Another good tool to keep handy is Belarc Advisor. Both products have a free, personal use version.

for HD information you can open cmd prompt and type dir, when your working directory is in each one and it should show the info at the start

That gives the volume serial number which can be obtained by typing vol on cmd prompt. But I'am looking for manufacturer serial number.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.