I used to use a web gallery on my site called iGallery by Blue Collar. Well I changed from a Windows Server to a Linux server and want to find something that was kind of like the iGallery. Can anyone recommend something? Or can they give me a few sites on how to make a nice webgallery for my website. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

PhotoPost is pretty popular with many online communities, as it integrates itself with vBulletin and phpBB ... http://www.photopost.com/

You could also try Simple PHP Gallery. I use it on my site. It is fast (uses caching), and auto generates thumbnails. No integration with vbulletin or phpBB, but can integrate with Wordpress if I am not mistaken.

Dance

Here's another possibility: Gallery. From their Requirements page:

Our primary development and testing is on the Apache Web Server on Unix. Our user base includes:

* Apache 1.x/2.x on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, HP-UX, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Mac OS X
* Zeus Web Server on Linux and HP-UX 11
* Apache 1.x on Windows 2000 and Windows NT.
* Yellow Tip Web Server on Windows NT, 200x and XP
[more info on the site]

PhotoPost is pretty popular with many online communities, as it integrates itself with vBulletin and phpBB ... http://www.photopost.com/

I like this one alot. But i dont want to have to pay for it. Im a poor college student. :) thanks for the help though. Any one else have any ideas on making a good gallery for my site?

You could also try Simple PHP Gallery. I use it on my site. It is fast (uses caching), and auto generates thumbnails. No integration with vbulletin or phpBB, but can integrate with Wordpress if I am not mistaken.

Dance

Here's another possibility: Gallery. From their Requirements page:

Our primary development and testing is on the Apache Web Server on Unix. Our user base includes:

* Apache 1.x/2.x on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, HP-UX, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Mac OS X
* Zeus Web Server on Linux and HP-UX 11
* Apache 1.x on Windows 2000 and Windows NT.
* Yellow Tip Web Server on Windows NT, 200x and XP
[more info on the site]

Thanks guys. Both of those look great. I will have to try both of them out. Thanks agian.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.