I am not sure if this is the right place to post. But I am creating a website that is similar to sourceforge with project hosting and such, I need the requirements for the site. I know how to program JS and html and such as well as software languages, so I just need information such as how I will go about it all. I have no clue where to begin , all google sources are NULL.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't know if any of us knows what the requirements are for sourceforge site. All I can suggest is to contact them and ask them about their website. You'd need a database and dynamic pages that can be made by using PHP, ASP.NET or other technologies.

I hope this helps you a little bit.

And Again, it all depends on what services you WILL provide your clients/people.

We can help you more if you're more specific about the question.

I hope you have understanding of version control systems (SVN/git/Mercurial) as these are the sole bone of the whole idea. You would need to be able to communicate with chosen version control system. The website is just front end of it, that provides projects descriptions, history listing easy access to resources, comments, issue reporting and tracking system.

I suggest that you have look around (this article can give you some start on most commonly used version control systems)and decide what will be your back end and what sort of functionality you will provide for users on front end. After that decide which web technology will best suite you for this task

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.