[sarcasm]
WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama held a nationally televised address Tuesday to "clarify any misunderstandings" about his health care proposal, assuring Americans that under the new bill senior citizens—and not the federal government—will have the right to choose how they are executed.

"Let me dispel these ridiculous rumors once and for all and set the record straight: Under my plan, seniors are going to be killed the way they want to be killed, end of story," said the president, who acknowledged that "wiping out" the nation's elderly population has always been his No. 1 priority. "If your grandmother would rather be euthanized in the privacy of her own home than be gutted and hanged on a high school soccer field, she is entitled to that right.
[/sarcasm]

Read the rest of it here.

Ezzaral commented: hehe, thanks :) +0

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I dont get it?

I dont get it?

It's about "Death Panels" and the new government health-care rationing bill; a very strong, emotional, American issue, at the moment.

I don't get it?

I don't get it?

The Onion is noted for its scarcasm -- something like the skits on "Saturday Night Live" TV shows. Never take anything you read on The Onion seriously.

The Onion is noted for its scarcasm -- something like the skits on "Saturday Night Live" TV shows. Never take anything you read on The Onion seriously.

AD, you just invented a clever new word scarcasm, a combination of sarcasm and scaremongering.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.