What is your best high school achievement(s)?

For me (so far):

• Joining 3 varsity sports
  • Having straight A's through out the year
  • Became Sophmore President :) (I am a freshman, but they make us run early for next year.)

Next year I am going to try to get my teachers to give me good recommendations for HARVARD! Who knows what's next for me :)

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

I graduated 52nd in my class

That must be good :).

How does that graduate number work? Sort by GPA's, names?

One fun moment was during my senior year advanced math classes. When we were doing exercises, which is to say, when the rest of the people were doing exercises while I was hacking together an RPG game in assembly language for my TI-83 calculator. As people started having trouble and lining up at the teacher's desk, some realized I wasn't too busy so they started to direct their questions to me. Soon after that, the teacher was a bit embarassed when more people lined up at my desk than at his. Me FTW!

Also, some time after graduating, I learned through the branches that the number one super-achiever in my high school was absolutely obsessed with trying to beat me at everything, i.e., he was going around collecting information (via his friends) to keep track of the grades I was getting in each exam and stuff, he really wanted to finish first of the class, which he did, after a lot of time spent studying. Given that I never had to put much effort at all to get good grades, often far less than my average-grade friends, I count that as a win. I think I must have finished somewhere in the top 5 students or so (they didn't say, it's not customary to rank people like that here). And the award for finishing first was 100$ (pathetic, I know... we're not big on merit awards in Canada), but I got a special 300$ award as a university credit because the science teacher petitioned the university for it, it paid for two engineering textbooks. So, that's a double win! It's nice to win a competition, even better to crush your opponent, and even more so when you weren't even aware that a competition was under way.

So, I guess those are those that come to mind, high school was a while ago, and high school achievements are amusing to reminisce, but not very consequential (except for forging your personality... and bla bla bla).

My best achievement was being allowed to play cards in the back of the class during physics, because my teacher knew we understood it anyway.

commented: we just facebook in the back of Biology :) +0

“A session of boasting won't attract any real friends. It will set you up on a pedestal, however, making you a clearer target.”

Richelle E. Goodrich

What is your best high school achievement(s)?

I tore down then rebuilt an automatic transmission...and it worked.

I took one of the best looking girls in school to the prom, years later married her, and had three awesome kids.

commented: good achievement +0

I dropped out.

commented: lol +0

I made it to the last day, some achievement for me, trust me. Shame was I lost quite a few little earners there, you could buy and sell almost anything. Cigs were a good earner, but matches were worth more, and a lighter, wow!

Cigs were a good earner, but matches were worth more, and a lighter, wow!

Are you sure you're not talking about a prison? lol

If you'd seen my school, you would have wondered, but no, just an inner city secondary modern (equiv to high school I suppose, 11-15year olds). Still shed atear when I saw the old place had ben reduced to rubble though.

I graduated 52nd in my class

@GrimJack- Does that mean there were 52 students only in your class.Just kidding.. :P

You all got some great achievements but why did you (pixelsoul) drop out?

My mother passed away, and I hated high school. So I just left and went and got a job.

My mother passed away, and I hated high school. So I just left and went and got a job.

Oh, sorry to hear that but what year did you drop out on? Junior year?

I took one of the best looking girls in school to the prom, years later married her, and had three awesome kids.

Success... lol. I am guessing you met her in chemistry :)

No problem, it was like 19 years ago so I am good. Yeah, about half way through my junior year.

Wow, 19 years ago... that was 4 years before i was born.

Wow your about 36-37 then. You don't look like you are that old.

My best achievement? I graduated.

My best achievement? I graduated.

It is why you are the great one here, lol. I hope you don't get mad or anything but what year did you graduate?

Wow your about 36-37 then. You don't look like you are that old.

34 actually, but I look more like 25-26. Good genes I guess.

34 actually, but I look more like 25-26. Good genes I guess.

Psht.... I was close.

My best achievement in life

• Scoring second rank highest than any I have ever got during eight standerd
  • Scoring 147 out of 150 marks in Maths(The best score so far) in the final exam
  • Giving the chocolate to the girl I really love on her birthday without getting my friends know that.
  • I broke my record in the university of failing every semester but passed last semester breaking the tradition of failing for fifth time.
  • Saying the girl 'I Love You' & then she refused
  • Last one is when I just taught a lesson to the boy who broke my nose.

I broke my record in the university of failing every semester but passed last semester breaking the tradition of failing for fifth time.

That is an achievement lol...?

Last one is when I just taught a lesson to the boy who broke my nose.

Were you teaching him physics lol... probably newton's law?

That is an achievement lol...?

Yeah its an achievement. After two years I have finally passed with 57%.
They are not good marks though. But still think it was cool since after 2 years I have pased finally.

I am also thinking of passing this semester without failing. Exam is on 20th April. I have done my studies & I am gonna pass this time too but with good score of about 80% to 90%.

Were you teaching him physics lol... probably newton's law?

Just pretending walking & when he come closer just gave him a normal dash with shoulder. He just fell on ground but his nose was intact. But finally got my revenge so really was an achievement.

Just pretending walking & when he come closer just gave him a normal dash with shoulder. He just fell on ground but his nose was intact. But finally got my revenge so really was an achievement.

That's not nice lol... he was only a little boy learning about newton's laws lol.

He broke my nose when I was 7 years old.
I waited long enough thinking various evil ways to punish him.
Finally got one when he was became 14 years old.

I hope you don't get mad or anything but what year did you graduate?

1962, Alleman, Iowa (for those who are not familar with us geography, Iowa is about in the middle of the country.) My son also graduated from the same high school and had one of the same teachers that I had.

Wow, so you about 70 years old, that's cool :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.