In your views, which is the best marketing technique you have ever used for promoting your website and why it is the best?

Post your opinions here.

Recommended Answers

All 63 Replies

It is practically very difficult to answer such questions because online marketing has very wide area. However Organic search engine listing should be the key factor those want to achieve their position in SERPs through online marketing.

for me my best marketing effort is trough combination blogging and adwords with additional longtail research,it is basically marketing base on community gathering,creating place so that people love to read my blog,and once the blog hit there popularity I post a sincere recommendation about the good and bad of the product I sell

1) Write an article and submit it to good article submission sites.
2) Write a press release and distribute it to media outlets.
3) Try to get reviewed by blogs.
4) Submit your website URL to directories.
5) Add your links to Social Bookmarking websites.
6) Join forums and get reviewed by forum members. (do not spam)

Links exchange with relevant content
article submission
blog post
PPC
add words
Hub pages,twiter,stumbling

and more and more ,just don't give up until archive your goals.

I think this helps

That's right,being honest is important if you are advertise your product and you have to share your opinion freely and wide your patience with regards to criticism.

1) Write an article and submit it to good article submission sites.
2) Write a press release and distribute it to media outlets.
3) Try to get reviewed by blogs.
4) Submit your website URL to directories.
5) Add your links to Social Bookmarking websites.
6) Join forums and get reviewed by forum members. (do not spam)

I seconded to this... I use this strategies and work well for me. Deliver results...

Focusing on highly targeted phrases (mostly long tail), both in PPC and organics.

I'm yet to figure out the best marketing technique that I have used. It is almost impossible to select any one as there are so many that seem to be good. ;)

try to get reviewed by blogs, forum, etc.

The marketing strategies:-
1. SEO work and submitting them to all major search engines with target specific keywords.
2. Submitting to social bookmarking sites.
3. twitter.
4. forum posting with signature and blog comment(no spamming)
5. article submission
6. press realease submission.
7. submitting sites to all directories..

Articles and forum postings are the best way to promote resources for getting good traffic and visibility in search engine result pages. These resources are beneficial because they cached/indexed frequently by search engine and increase the backlinks for the website.

Best marketing techniques are...forum posting, social bookmarking, Directory submission, PPC(It's paid service) banner advertising...Press release submission...

Well it depends on the industry you are talking about. My best experience has been getting organic traffic from the search engines. Also it is wise to use AdWords just so Google becomes even more familiar with your site.

In regards to best, think of the strategy that will get you the most targeted visitors, this will be your best strategy.

Of course I am tempted to say that our model is the best ( because it's purely performance based) , but then it wouldn't be modest :-)

Well, there is no cookie cutter to answer to the question and give the best, of course. "The best" for a company with $10 budget significantly differs from "the best" for a company with $100K marketing budget. "The best" for content site is not "the best" for product site.

The mantra is always engagement and reward for spreading the ward... either emotional or material. Give your user a cookie (but not any, one he wants) and he will sell for you better then your own sales team or investors whose dollar is in the game.

Some of the best marketing practices include

Social bookmarking
Articles submission
Forum posting
Blog commenting
Classified ads
Social profiles

If you can get a link of your site on an authority site (a site that Google ranks as holding more weight than most sites), it will promote your site extraordinarily well. In some cases, the ROI is well worth a significant investment on a link.

In your views, which is the best marketing technique you have ever used for promoting your website and why it is the best?

Post your opinions here.

It really all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. What kind of individuals do you want accessing your website? There are many different routes to go. I'll offer you this:

Let's say that you're trying to attract big players within your specific industry to go to your website. You want these individuals to see your site as well as use it's features and functions. Most likely, big players already have a whole bunch of sites they like to frequent. In order to attract these guys, you would have to go to trade shows/conferences/seminars/networking events. This way, there's a face to your website. The better you present yourself and acclamate yourself with these individuals in person, they're more inclined to visit your website. Hopefully, your website is really good and they recommend it to their friends. Before you know it, other big players will be tweeting about it and such and then the traffic will follow. You really want to stir a buzz to generate traffic.

If your site is dull/boring, doesn't really offer anything, then there are obviously other avenues to go through. I would certainly hope you're not building a content farm/junk site and actually adding value to your visitors. Remember that added value brings about retention which is key when operating a website.

With that said, as long as your meeting big players face to face and have a solid website, then that's the best way to generate traffic. Social media is the most powerful traffic building option out there. It really just takes one tweet to draw a lot of attention to your site. Go get em'!

In search engine optimization has two methods.. One on page work and another one is off page work.. In that off page work blogs, forums, article are very important marketing technique..

In marketing you can't just stick to one technique. You have to try different technique with different people/ cutomers.

SEO is the best marketing technique. Get to the top of the search engines and people will find your business.

Social media marketing is one of the best marketing tools and techniques available in the Internet. In fact, many businesses are engaging with social media because of lots of opportunities in marketing it can give to them. But remember that it is important that you are well verse in the tool by learning and studying it more so that the time, effort, and money you are going to invest are such worth for it. The ROI should be visible for you while in the planning period.

Try to get recommendations, Add google +1 in you website

Social bookmarking, Forum posting and increase you social network through social site like facebook and twitter. Directory submission, blogs, classified ads and articles are the best marketing way.

Hmmm.. this is a wide oprn question.

1) Hire a professional optimization firm
2) ask them to set up a shor term PPC program
3) start optimization (with a professional)
4) get mapping set up
5) start facebook, twitter and linkedin accounts

once natural search is one first page cancel PPC programs

this is a start

blog, forum is very good for SEO & Makerting

Here are some helpful marketing techniques, that help you to enter into affiliate marketing. 1. Write an article and submit in popular article sites.
2. Joining forums
3. Write a press release
4. Bookmarking the website add links in popular social networking sites like, twitter, digg, myspace etc..
5. Blog postings and so
6. SEO

1. Keywords position, density, processing
2. Content quality, update frequency, correlation
3. Import links and the anchor text

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.