Hey Folks,

Hope you are all well. Long time no visit for me, but I had a weird question that I am struggling to answer and thought somebody here may be able to help.

I am looking for a camera app for my phone (either Android or iOS) that has the ability to show an existing picture with a degree of transparency when looking through the viewfinder [so to speak] at what the lens is currently seeing. In a nutshell, we have some pictures of our garden and having done a ton of work, I would like to do some before and after pictures. Ideally though I would like them to be as identical in terms of position and direction as possible. To me, the simplest way to achieve this would be to have a transparent existing picture to use to line up with when taking a new picture.

Whatever I search for though is not giving me what I am looking for. It is more than likely me that's the problem, but has anybody seen this or know of an app that can do it?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Matrel

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I think this exists. I used a Google search with these three words: BEFORE AFTER CAMERA.

To avoid spamming any particular app, I'll share how I found these camera apps.

commented: Unhelpful because google searches are personalized based on location, demographic, and personal search history +0

When I did that Google search, all I got was a whole bunch of tutorials on how to use Adobe Camera Raw with before and after comparisons.

Perhaps try looking for apps that do stuff with augmented reality? Wish I could be more help.

Seems rproffitt has come across such apps. Hopefully he swings by this thread again and could share what they are.

Remember I won't list specific apps because it comes off like spam.

Here's the same three words in the Google Play Store.
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=BEFORE%20AFTER%20CAMERA.

I bet there are such camera apps in the iTunes store too.

As to the Google search, we also have DuckDuckGo which I tried in incognito mode and not, still found the apps I think the OP was looking for.

PS. When I'm looking for a thing, topic or news, finding the right words for the search really helps. This along with not wanting to sound spammy for some app is why I share how I found such an app for the OP above. Think of this like teaching how to fish versus handing out fish.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.