I've beren harassed because my answers don't suit another poster.

From Bob_180_Bob
Idiot or actor?
1 Day Ago
Are you a complete idiot or just acting. Either way you put on a good show. You come up with some of the silliest ideas in your posts and I believe that you think you are helping people.

Shut down your PC for 30 minutes every 4 hours!! Where did you find that in Microsoft's site?
Save every 20 minutes when playing on-line games....save what?
You could have a miss-match or RAM... it has been working well before but the RAM is now miss-matched....
You have the wrong video card, yes I know that you video is OK and that is not your problem, but if you put a a Samsung TV card in your Honda motorcycle you will have conflicts....
I don't know why you are reading this post it was not for you...
I feel sorry for you, you have some need to express yourself but you have nothing to say so you just say whatever you feel like...

WHY?
3 Hours Ago
Why do you continue to post such stupid posts. Have you ever checked your answer online before you post it? Only lap tops sleep .....
It could be.. or might be...
You made the most revealing comment a short time ago, "I just want points" that make you a self centered fool that couldn't care less about what you tell a poster, you just want to get your comment there so that the poster may give you points.
I have had it with you and your comments and any further comment about me or my posts that is derogatory will be reported to the management here. You have just had one warning from them, so be very careful where you tread.
Try, first reading the question by the poster. A lot of time you give an answer that is not related to the posters question or he has ruled out by checking.
Second, search your answer online before you post it to see if what you are going to say is correct.
Thirdly, don't jump on a post and give the same instruction that was given by someone else or knock their suggestion unless you can prove it is wrong. Only add to someones post if you have additional ideas that could help.

I do not care if you get everyone to give you points and you answer every question that is posted. What I do care about is fact and relevance, and you lack both at most times. Please try to be more accurate by checking your facts. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes but we can all be more careful.
May God bless you.

Bob

WTF???
2 Hours Ago
Why do you even bother to post, every time you do you just continue to show what a complete fool you are???

Poster “Im running an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo, AMD Athlon 4400+ processor on a system I built for myself a while back. Everything was great until I installed the above.”

Fool “I'm not an expert like mister Bob so ignore my answer if it does not apply. I'm only a Junior Poster and still learning.

Check inside to see if the CD Drive is on the secondary cable and not the primary cable. Set the HDD to Primary Master (and the pin is set to PRI Position) and the Cd Drive to Secondary Master ( and pin is set to PRI position). Boot options for CD as first option and hdd as second option.”

Question… If it is necessary for him to change the cabling of his hard drive and or CD/DVD drive, how was his PC working well before he downloaded SP3? If it was working well before he downloaded SP3, would downloading SP3 change the cabling position and therefore require him to revert it to the correct position?

Question... Where does the poster say he has a CD drive?

Question... What is a pin, is that supposed to refer to the jumper?

Fool “Check Bios to see if the system date is current or out of date. Change it to the current date if it is at the default date eg- 01/01/1900 Save and exit. Some problems may occur if your bios battery is flat and the date is at the default setting.”

Question…. If he had a flat battery on the motherboard, would he not get an BIOS error message every time on boot-up?

Fool “Also, if the primary drive is not the hdd as some "experts" set their primary hdd to secondary slave, sp3 will not be able to see the primary drive or the options will not be available to boot (F8)”

Question… Is SP3 a program that can “see” if the HDD is set to the primary drive?
Question…. What options will not be available to boot (F8) Safe mode? Last known working configuration? Safe mode with networking? Start windows normally?
Question… What “experts” set their primary HDD to secondary slave? Where did you find that information? Who are the “Experts” Can you give me their names so I can contact them? How many are there or do they all do it?

Fool "I'm not an expert like mister Bob"

Question.... Does that mean that I set up my 23 PCs that way? Should I go and check them, they are working very well but i had better make sure that the HDDs set correctly or I may have trouble if I download SP3. Hang on, I do have SP3 and they are still OK. I had better ask on Daniweb to find out if a fool will help me to change their position so they will work. No stuff that, they are working now.

Again
19 Minutes Ago
Vista requires at least 2.6ghz.
@Jupiter 2
That's not true, Windows Home Basic only requires an 800MHz processor, where-as all other versions of Vista only require a 1GHz processor. These are minimum requirements.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919183

Will you ever get anything correct?????????????
BACK-UP.........Try one of the simple solutions first........and BACK-UP......
MAKE YOUR OWN ULTIMATE BOOT CD to BOOT and REPAIR WINDOWS.
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
I am a mountain man and I love mountain women!
Bob,

jephthah commented: bob is right. you should quit "helping" +0

Recommended Answers

All 53 Replies

> Should poster who answers a question only be a qualified MSCE?

Definitely not; a question posted on Daniweb is always open to discussion. Personal attacks as a means of adding more value to the discussion or correcting an existing incorrect [supposedly incorrect?] answer is not acceptable as per the forum rules and falls under the 'Keep it pleasant' category.

Can you report those posts by pressing the "Flag Bad Post" link so that the same can be discussed in the moderators' forum?

I've beren harassed because my answers don't suit another poster.

From Bob_180_Bob
Idiot or actor?
1 Day Ago
Are you a complete idiot or just acting. Either way you put on a good show. You come up with some of the silliest ideas in your posts and I believe that you think you are helping people.

Shut down your PC for 30 minutes every 4 hours!! Where did you find that in Microsoft's site?
Save every 20 minutes when playing on-line games....save what?
You could have a miss-match or RAM... it has been working well before but the RAM is now miss-matched....
You have the wrong video card, yes I know that you video is OK and that is not your problem, but if you put a a Samsung TV card in your Honda motorcycle you will have conflicts....
I don't know why you are reading this post it was not for you...
I feel sorry for you, you have some need to express yourself but you have nothing to say so you just say whatever you feel like...

WHY?
3 Hours Ago
Why do you continue to post such stupid posts. Have you ever checked your answer online before you post it? Only lap tops sleep .....
It could be.. or might be...
You made the most revealing comment a short time ago, "I just want points" that make you a self centered fool that couldn't care less about what you tell a poster, you just want to get your comment there so that the poster may give you points.
I have had it with you and your comments and any further comment about me or my posts that is derogatory will be reported to the management here. You have just had one warning from them, so be very careful where you tread.
Try, first reading the question by the poster. A lot of time you give an answer that is not related to the posters question or he has ruled out by checking.
Second, search your answer online before you post it to see if what you are going to say is correct.
Thirdly, don't jump on a post and give the same instruction that was given by someone else or knock their suggestion unless you can prove it is wrong. Only add to someones post if you have additional ideas that could help.

I do not care if you get everyone to give you points and you answer every question that is posted. What I do care about is fact and relevance, and you lack both at most times. Please try to be more accurate by checking your facts. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes but we can all be more careful.
May God bless you.

Bob

WTF???
2 Hours Ago
Why do you even bother to post, every time you do you just continue to show what a complete fool you are???

Poster “Im running an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo, AMD Athlon 4400+ processor on a system I built for myself a while back. Everything was great until I installed the above.”

Fool “I'm not an expert like mister Bob so ignore my answer if it does not apply. I'm only a Junior Poster and still learning.

Check inside to see if the CD Drive is on the secondary cable and not the primary cable. Set the HDD to Primary Master (and the pin is set to PRI Position) and the Cd Drive to Secondary Master ( and pin is set to PRI position). Boot options for CD as first option and hdd as second option.”

Question… If it is necessary for him to change the cabling of his hard drive and or CD/DVD drive, how was his PC working well before he downloaded SP3? If it was working well before he downloaded SP3, would downloading SP3 change the cabling position and therefore require him to revert it to the correct position?

Question... Where does the poster say he has a CD drive?

Question... What is a pin, is that supposed to refer to the jumper?

Fool “Check Bios to see if the system date is current or out of date. Change it to the current date if it is at the default date eg- 01/01/1900 Save and exit. Some problems may occur if your bios battery is flat and the date is at the default setting.”

Question…. If he had a flat battery on the motherboard, would he not get an BIOS error message every time on boot-up?

Fool “Also, if the primary drive is not the hdd as some "experts" set their primary hdd to secondary slave, sp3 will not be able to see the primary drive or the options will not be available to boot (F8)”

Question… Is SP3 a program that can “see” if the HDD is set to the primary drive?
Question…. What options will not be available to boot (F8) Safe mode? Last known working configuration? Safe mode with networking? Start windows normally?
Question… What “experts” set their primary HDD to secondary slave? Where did you find that information? Who are the “Experts” Can you give me their names so I can contact them? How many are there or do they all do it?

Fool "I'm not an expert like mister Bob"

Question.... Does that mean that I set up my 23 PCs that way? Should I go and check them, they are working very well but i had better make sure that the HDDs set correctly or I may have trouble if I download SP3. Hang on, I do have SP3 and they are still OK. I had better ask on Daniweb to find out if a fool will help me to change their position so they will work. No stuff that, they are working now.

Again
19 Minutes Ago
Vista requires at least 2.6ghz.
@Jupiter 2
That's not true, Windows Home Basic only requires an 800MHz processor, where-as all other versions of Vista only require a 1GHz processor. These are minimum requirements.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919183

Will you ever get anything correct?????????????
BACK-UP.........Try one of the simple solutions first........and BACK-UP......
MAKE YOUR OWN ULTIMATE BOOT CD to BOOT and REPAIR WINDOWS.
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
I am a mountain man and I love mountain women!
Bob,

Nightmare stuff. Next thing Microsoft will require donation to make your system "genuine". Dah ! - who needs usb, or mmc reader anyway !
ps - does anyone rermember Quick Basic (sorry! - didn't mean it !)

commented: Is this supposed to relevant to, well, anything? +0
commented: Are you on something ? Oh well, drugs are bad. mmkay ? +0

This is the 5th message from Bob_180_Bob -
WOW
48 Minutes Ago
For the first time I know about, you were right, I did have my private messages turned off. To my knowledge, I did not do it as I have received several messages in the past, but it was turned off. Now you can reply to me and not go crying to a moderator. If you have a complaint, contact them on their private messaging not on an open forum.
Now you said to crunchie.."he said that there is no sleep in a PC and there is...

No you said that only laptops have sleep and hibernate not me, that is why I called you a fool!

You continue to make unfounded statements and are proved to be wrong time and time again. You ignore what the poster has really said or what others have said, you just go after your points. If I could, I would give you all my points if that would shut you up. I, like most others here are just here to help people. I get all my satisfaction from a poster saying, thanks Bob that worked, I am happy. I don't care if I have 1 or 2000000 points, it will not make my answers better or worse.
As I have said to you before, check your answers, and do something your signature should not say and read what is posted.

Signature "If all my answers are wrong, then I will read the question" well they are all wrong, so start to read the question.

May God bless you.

Bob

Since my answers are directed to the person who asked the question, I feel I do not have to justify my answers to another poster unless my answer needs further clarification, which I don't mind doing but not wqhen the other person x\calls me a fool or an idiot.

Does anyone else think I am wrong to add suggestions to a question?

I only make suggestions. My experience is self-taught and I've only been using computers for 20 years. My answers refers to my experience. I collect discarded computers and the drive configurations are what I base my knowledge on. I can pull apart a computer and put it back again. I have 10 working computers ranging from Pentium 2 (for old games) up tp a Compaq P4 3ghz. I rarely buy components and rely on other people to throw out the components I need.

Do you think I should quit Daniweb? I'm sure Bob would agree.

Do you think I should quit Daniweb? I'm sure Bob would agree.

No -- just ignore him and maybe he will go away. Report harassing posts and he will probably get an infraction.

Ancient Dragon - Thanks for the vote of confidence. I like Daniweb.

I think you should reply to a thread if you feel that you have something valuable to add to it. That's how forums work.

But I can't see anything wrong with the 5th PM you got from Bob. I personally agree with him that a simple 'thanks' is worth more then all the green blocks, upvotes and 'solved threads' together.

Let me put it this way: I wouldn't have started a public thread over this, because threads like these often result in flamewars and that won't do anyone any good. But to each his own I guess.

niek_e - Gosh! my refence to points was a joke, not to be taken seriously. Besides, there are no points to be gained, anyway.

If Bob had just asked for clarification then I might have replied (he didn't have messaging turned on till after the 4th private message).

This is a discussion forum so suggestions are still acceptable. Some Questions are out of my league, like xhtml, and I admit defeat but other questions are within my realms of answering.

So I don't get the context quite right like "pin" instead of "jumper" but I'm sure people know what I mean. If the Asker wants clarification then it is up to them to ask.

All answers in the forum only refer to the Question asked and does not necessarily apply to an internet cafe setup, as in the case of Bob_180_Bob

If someone does not think my answer is suitable then report it as unsuitable for the Question or message me and I'll change it, not call me names and harass me with messages.

Dont freed the trolls. Just quit replying to him in threads or PMs and dont make anything like this again, and then he will forget about you.

And I agree with Niek_e: airing this out in a public thread in Community Feedback is probably not the most productive way to address the situation.

Ezzaral - I was annoyed that Bob was so abusive and at the time he didn't allow messaging till after the fourth message.

People are free to message me if they disagree with my answers but I despise abusive messages. I have since reported all messages to the moderators and they can determine if I was harassed or not.

As I say, I could not reply to Bob's hate mail for the first four messages and I inserted one message into one of the questions. so that "HE" could see my reply.

I thought the Community Feedback would be better suited to air out my problem rather than inserting into a Poster's Question.

If the moderators feel this post is inappropriate, they are welcome to delete it. I have not replied to any of Bob_180_Bob's messages as i'm sure it will only incite further hate mail.

He technically hasnt done anything wrong. Just ignore him.

commented: congrats on another star +0

looking at the answers you have given to others

-- "Shut down your PC for 30 minutes every 4 hours"

-- "Save every 20 minutes when playing on-line games"

-- "You could have a miss-match or RAM"

it's obvious that bob is right: you dont know what you're talking about.

i would have told you the same thing.

it's obvious that bob is right: you dont know what you're talking about. i would have told you the same thing.

In my mind this view has been further compounded by the fact that you have failed to spell MCSE correctly, let alone the fact that a) im not sure if that title actuallys exist anymore, most of its modules have been retired as it was mainly aimed at last-generation windows server tehnoligies and b) the most important point which is that it doesnt have much to do with solving hardware problems at all (this is coming from someone who did the MCDST [desktop support] course and found it to be not-very useful with relation to daniweb)

jbennet - He has just sent me 4 more hate mail messages. Is he a Moderator or just as a @%&!##? I've had to turn off messaging except for Moderators. Let's see if he can get to me now!!

Since my original Post, I've been credited with 4 Solved Questions., Surely that must mean something?

If you tell me to quit, I will.

Don't quit. Just limit your posts to pieces of advice that you think will be beneficial to the OP. Don't post for the reputation and solved thread count, post because you want to help people with their problems. I havent read any of your alleged bad posts, so I dont want to judge, but don't just post for the sake of posting. Remember, some things are better left unsaid. If you don't know something, mind your place and let someone else answer.

Grn Xtrm - thanks for the vote of confidence. That's 2 votes in favour.

I admit I like to add my two cents to Questions and sometimes I'm a bit unclear in my answers.

I do find that Askers do not tell all about their problems and I try to second guess their problem. Sometimes an Asker will not mention additional usb devices attached like phone, USB internet, External Hard drives etc and assume trhe problem is something else. USB devices require power and the problem xcould well be added devices draining the power. So, I assume that is the case and try to weadle out extra information by making random answers.

My learning is about 10 years old so many of my answers are out of date compared to current knowledge. Sometimes it is the old knowledge that teaches the new student but, also, confuses them as well.

I'll try to make my answers less childish in the future. Thanks for your input.

Since my original Post, I've been credited with 4 Solved Questions., Surely that must mean something?

It means absolutely nothing. Being credited with a solved post doesn't mean you helped to solve it, it only means you made a post in the same thread. Just look at my solved post count for example -- I didn't really solve all those.

Ancient Dragon - Well that just sucks. I thought it meant something. I'm sure others would agree that some credit should come their way to a resolved question.

Well its actually even worse than that -- the solved post count does not include all the threads in which you helped solve the problem but the op never marked it as solved. If all of them were marked solved then my solved post count would be nearly 15,000 :icon_eek:

Well, Bob_180_bob is consistently going through all my answers and putting in snide remarks. I think I'll quit Daniweb. Thanks for letting me stay this long.

At least in some other Forums, I get some credit for my answers.

How do I delete my Account?

You can't delete your account, you can't delete your posts, you can't prevent Bob from posting, you can't control Bob's opinion, and you can't control Bob from PMing you. You CAN block Bob so whatever PM he sends you doesn't get through, you CAN ignore Bob, you CAN respond to Bob or not. If Bob's postings have truly risen to the level of genuine harassment, you can report them to the moderators and if they agree that it's harassment, they'll either warn him, or if it's extreme, they'll ban him. More likely they'll just tell you to ignore him, like jbennet has.

Regarding the "Solved Threads" statistics, there's no option for the OP to say who actually "solved" it, so if one person gives brilliant advice and one person gives lousy advice, they both get the same "credit". The "Solved Threads" count means something to some people and nothing to others. So do "Rep Points", up/down votes, etc. Presumably, if people think you give good advice and are generous with your time, you'll get mostly up votes and green feedback.

Some of Bob's posts are a little too blunt for my taste, some are good. It's all personal opinion and there ain't a whole lot you can do about it. Posting takes somewhat of a thick skin and you need to expect that some people are going to think you're a fool. If you truly feel harassed and feel that the moderators aren't doing anything about it, then I guess leaving would be the right move. But leaving because you're not getting credit for solved posts seems a bit silly to me, and I take these things more seriously than most. Thank you's, rep points, solved threads, etc., mean something to some people, nothing to others, and that's going to be the same no matter where you go, whether on a computer forum or in your job in real life. Think "Employee of the Month". Some people care about that, some don't.

Anyway, they're not going to ban Bob unless he does something truly egregious, and they don't delete accounts. You just decide to stop posting.

Yep, bob hasnt strictly done anything wrong, but we have told him to tone it down a little. Just ignore him, block his PMs, and get on with your life.

jbennet - I'm not after points but is was a nice thought for me to see 22 resolved posts. I wish Ancient Dragon hadn't pointed out the fact that only some of those were the results of my answer

I'll stay in Daniweb because I've just noticed it is not only me that he spits fire at.

In another Question, a poster mention something about virus scanning, a point that Bob had already made. The poster wasn't copying Bob's answer, it was just made in passing, along with other comments.

So Bob just had to point out this fact in another answer rather than ignoring it. I saw this so I put in an answer that was a replica of Bob's original answer, just to annoy him.

He seem more intent on questioning other people's answers rather than answering the person's question. If he did as much research on the question as he does with our answers, perhaps his reputation would be a lot higher?

He seems to think he is a Moderator...is this true or is it all in his own head?

He hasn't seen this Question yet, I suppose I'll get both barrells in his response.

commented: Stop being so sensitive! +0

>>He seems to think he is a Moderator...is this true or is it all in his own head?
Does he have a moderator badge, like jbennet? If not then he is not a moderator at DaniWeb, but he could be somewhere else.

I saw this so I put in an answer that was a replica of Bob's original answer, just to annoy him.

Then you're a willing participant in all of this, just like Bob is. What are you complaining about? Seems like you're both trying to get under each other's skin, and Bob's been more successful, but you're both equally guilty. If you don't want to be in a flame war, don't flame.

Point taken.

I've just added detail to one of my answers explaining how I got my original answer as Bob and another were arguing about my answer. The Poster asked them to "stop fighting" and help troubleshoot his Question.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/post1045268.html#post1045268

It seems that I'll have to include my sources in future answers as wel as google results and other forums outside of Daniweb, which I would rather not do, just to prove my answer is not made up.

It seems Bob is picking in other people and it got me riled. He has caused me to respond, not so kindly.

Here is the link where my a reply is posted.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread237047-5.html
It refers to the previous page -
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread237047-4.html
Originally Posted by kaninelupus

@Bob - sure a quick Google will give you the surface info/results, but only actual experience will provide deeper illumination as to the actual facts!

Hi, I did not know you spelt "Google" C-r-e-a-t-i-v-e L-a-b-s. ...

Now I notice on page 5 his response.

I apologise but he is out of hand and I have had to respond with vulgar language.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.