Hello and thanks for the lovely welcome. I came here with great trepidation because even though I have been using computers for almost 15 years, I am still very much a beginner in many ways. It is wonderful to see that there are people out there so willing to help the clueless like myself!

My name is Meryl and I am on the beautiful far north coast of NSW, Australia (otherwise known as Paradise :-) ) I have been using PCs since 1994 and since the introduction of Vista, I have gotten more and more frustrated with the increasing amount of time I have to spend just getting my computer to work - let alone getting things done.

I run a national, non-profit organisation (the Australian Vaccination Network - www.avn.org.au) and publish and edit their magazine, Living Wisdom (www.living-wisdom.com) - all from my home. The wonders of modern technology! That and raising 4 teenage children (though at this stage, I'd say they are raising me every bit as much as the other way around) and having a thriving Ebay business keeps me off the street and in trouble.

Two weeks ago, I bit the bullet and bought myself a MacBook Pro (17 inch widescreen, 4MB RAM, you name it - it's fantastic!) I am not having any trouble learning my way around it though I keep hitting the Fn key when I mean to hit the command key - erases everything I'm trying to copy LOL.

I am hoping to get some help here (will ask in another part of the forum) getting my new baby to talk to our old Windows 2003 Server - they don't seem to get along too well. I think the server is jealous, actually.

So, that's my introduction. I am really looking forward to getting to know some of you here and to hopefully working out how to get the connection between server and laptop working.

All the best,
Meryl

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Props to you for joining the community. Great site. Great posters. Great Mods. Look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Glad you're here!

Thanks to you for the welcome - I am feeling right at home! :-)

All the best,
Meryl

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.