Has anyone tried to get a perfect game ? I've been trying now for a couple months to win without taking any points but can't seem to get beyone a couple hands. I've done it several times on XP, but have yet to accomplish it on Vista. The best I've done is win with only 1 point, but never with 0.

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

nah not yet although I have been mostly playing chess titans!!

I like that chess game too -- I have it set on the easiest level so that I can easily beat it :)

lol ditto, the higher levels get very tough

I've managed to shoot the moon a few times, and kept my score below 5 on several occasions, but never 0 for the whole game. Then again, I'm more of a texas holdem player.

Yet another reason to shy from Vista, I see ;)

is it me, or is the new MS Solitare on vista a) much harder? (if thats possible) and b) harder to play - all the vista-ness makes it kinda hard to read the cards

yea, I gave up on the Vista solitaire pretty quick, wasnt horribly difficult to read the cards, just got frustrated with never even getting close to winning

I win solitaire 38% of the time with a high score of 6196. Don't know if that good or bad though. You might have difficulty seeing the cards if you have your display settings pretty small.

1024x768 (my laptops unusually low native resolution)

i used to get ~5500 about 60% of the time on xp and windows mobile 2003
on vista / wm6 i get like ~5200 about 30% of the time

wierd

all the vista-ness makes it kinda hard to read the cards

Yes, because large cards and type DOES make it harder to read! The instigators!

I've never been much of a hearts player though.

I've never been much of a hearts player though.

Its a lot more fun (and more difficult) when played with real people. But that's true of any game.

no they just seem kinda blurry (cleartypes fault?) whereas the xp ones are sharp

Has anyone tried to get a perfect game ? I've been trying now for a couple months to win without taking any points but can't seem to get beyone a couple hands. I've done it several times on XP, but have yet to accomplish it on Vista. The best I've done is win with only 1 point, but never with 0.

I've done it once in nearly 800 games. I'm currently on a 15 game win streak. In four of those, I had 89 points or more and had to shoot the moon on the last hand for the win.

I've done it once in nearly 800 games. .

Oh how nice of M$ :) Glad to know it will take the rest of my life to beat that game with 0 points.

Hurrey! I finally did it :) Only took me about two years or so.

commented: Nice, I'm still trying +21

that's a photoshop, you can tell by the pixels.

No its not photoship. After printscreen I pasted it into MS-Paint and saved it.

No ... I'm pretty sure it's photoshopped. See, you can tell by the pixels. And I should know, because i've seen a lot of 'shops in my time.

(PS: weeaboo.)

commented: No it isn't. -7

No ... I'm pretty sure it's photoshopped. See, you can tell by the pixels. And I should know, because i've seen a lot of 'shops in my time.

(PS: weeaboo.)

Totally agree. All those pixels make it obvious.

That cartoon is funny, but I don't get its relevance :confused:

Totally agree. All those pixels make it obvious.

I can't tell by looking at the pixels, just looks like the typical jpeg-compressed image to me, and the shadows may make it look odd when zoomed.

Edit: 1000th post, yay :)

Edit: 1000th post, yay :)

Congratulations :) And keep up the good work.

Pfft, hearts is for Kids. Minesweeper, now thats a real mans game ;P

commented: mhm +13
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.