I am a bit of a novice, what can i do to make it go faster? I understand this program will collect programs in the ms config section by itself..Is there a way to keep the running programs on the lean side? Why is this kind of top heavy vs xp? My XP is fast, brothers Vista slow, both on same network..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I am a bit of a novice, what can i do to make it go faster? I understand this program will collect programs in the ms config section by itself..Is there a way to keep the running programs on the lean side? Why is this kind of top heavy vs xp? My XP is fast, brothers Vista slow, both on same network..

one question, how much ram in vista computer

Why is this kind of top heavy vs xp?

Its always the way. XP came out in like 2001. It needs like 128mb/433mhz miimum. Vista (2006) needs like 512mb/650mgz minimum. Compare that jump in specs to that between XP and its predecessor Windows NT [4] (1996) which required like 64mb/166mhz

Newer systems need better hardware, Simple as that. For vista 2gb of RAM is what i reccomend. And preferably a Dual Core CPU and a non-integrared video card.

one question, how much ram in vista computer

Can you tell me EXACTLY how to find that information?

Can you tell me EXACTLY how to find that information?

right click on mycomputer ,go to properties it will be on that page somewhere

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.