Hi everyone, Im having probs with my desk top pc. It boots up to where it says windows xp at the beginning but as soon as it trys to go past that it turns it self off and then back on again and keeps doing this.(The full machine turns off). i have tried to boot up in safe mode and last best known confiq thingy but it just wont let me. does this sound like a real bad virus to anyone and if so how can i get round it if it wont let me boot up at all. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for xander85

Don't know, sounds like a bad virus... Looks like a re-format C: will be needed.... Sucks...

Do you have a restore partition on your hard drive? What make and model PC are you running?

try doing a repair first then if the problem still persists then do a format ur Windows partition. If u need to backup your data u can boot your system with a Linux Live CD and mount the Hard disk partition and copy all that you need.

Hope your problem gets solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.