ZxUniden 0 Newbie Poster

I am experiencing a problem witha users outlook 2003 account and I need some help! Here is what happened:

• This a.m. I opened outlook. I was prompted to change my out of office setting and I said ok. While trying to get all of my 700 new emails, outlook “stopped responding”.
  • The above prompt box was still open when my outlook was apparently hanging, so I then hit the “no” button so it would stop trying to change my out of office setting and I’d do it later. I figured that doing this AND downloading all of my 700 emails was just too much.
  • This didn’t solve the problem so finally I ended the process when prompted with the “the program is not responding…” message.
  • When I restarted outlook, a message told me that an add-in outex2.ecf was causing problems and suggested I delete the file. It reassured me I could reinstall it later from the options menu.
  • After I oked the deletion of that file, outlook downloaded everything fine.
  • I realized I still had auto reply on and went to turn it off.
  • I got an error message letting me know didn’t have the capability to turn it off (since I no longer had that plug in (as it turns out).)
  • I read the help instructions for adding the plug in and performed the Tools/Options/Other/Advanced Options/Add In Manager steps.
  • I again attempted to turn off auto reply and got the same error message so I closed outlook.
  • Upon reopening Outlook, I got the below message.

Error in registry for "Evchange Extentions". The syntax or format of the registry is incorrect. Check the registry settings and compare the registry for the extention in the registry.

I went to microsoft and they offered a solution of drilling down to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extension

but it appears that "Extention" is not an option!!!!!!!

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.