If you only had time to do one which one do you think would be the most productive? We ar eabout to hit our bust season for sales to may need to priorotise here, and any tips on how to rank in the top three for googlebase would be most appreciated as it is doing my head in.
The only thing I have noticed is that the longer I leave it before updating my listings the higher rank! Or is this just a fluke

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

For marketing, I would choose twitter over facebook. I associate facebook with being more for personal reasons than twitter.

For marketing, I would choose twitter over facebook. I associate facebook with being more for personal reasons than twitter.

Thats what I would have thought, got into a heated debate with someone though who thought twitter should be personal. Interesting to hear other views, and if you have any tips too!

I think I might just change my answer. I just stumbled upon this article at http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?R=1007346 where a study conducted shows that 20.7% of site visitors referred by Facebook turn into loyal visitors (revisiting 4+ times / week) but only 11.1% of site visitors referred by Twitter turn into loyal visitors.

If you are talking about updating your status with marketing messages or sales pitches, I am pretty certain that there are some tools out there that will allow you to update all of your status messages (facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc) with the same message simultaneously.

I think he's referring more towards which site would provide the best return on time investment for a social marketing campaign ... creating a Twitter account and updating it regularly or creating a Facebook Fan group.

If you are talking about updating your current status with marketing and sales messaging, there are tools available that you can use to update all of your statuses (FB, Twitter, Linkedin, etc) simultaneously with the same message.

It's not an either/or question. They are two different systems designed to do two different things. You can link them, but one can't replace the other. Choosing which is "better" is like choosing whether a knife or fork is better to cut a steak with.

It's not an either/or question. They are two different systems designed to do two different things. You can link them, but one can't replace the other. Choosing which is "better" is like choosing whether a knife or fork is better to cut a steak with.

I don't think it is a matter of choosing. If you are using Facebook as the place where you are posting content (articles, press releases, product info, product announcements, etc) then you can publicize it within Facebook and it may get picked up in the search engines. But if you use twitter to drive traffic to the facebook then that is the way to go. Ultimately, with the 140 character limitation on Twitter you are not going to get much of a message out. So they can be used more as complimentary tools rather than picking one over the other.

facebook seems more useful ,resourceful and well organized for me...

If you only had time to do one which one do you think would be the most productive? We ar eabout to hit our bust season for sales to may need to priorotise here, and any tips on how to rank in the top three for googlebase would be most appreciated as it is doing my head in.
The only thing I have noticed is that the longer I leave it before updating my listings the higher rank! Or is this just a fluke

My advice is to learn how to write properly.

Anyday I would go with twitter in this matter.

twitter is better.

I like face book bcoz facebook has many feature's and application related to marketing purpose

Both are really good but the only thing which matters over here, how much time you actually invest on them. I would suggest you to use the both in parallel and monitor the output and then decide.

I give time to twitter for gaining more traffic for website and try to increase my followers.

Both are important.. main thing is how big is your friends network..

Facebook appeals to people looking to reconnect with old friends and family members or find new friends online; the mashup of features like email, instant messaging, image and video sharing, etc. feels familiar, while Twitter is a bit harder to get your arms around at first.

Most people can very quickly grasp how to use Facebook to connect to friends and family, using it to share thoughts, images, etc. Like MySpace but more geared to adults than teens, Facebook is a social networking Portal; beckoning you not to leave but rather to stick around and communicate within the network.

Twitter on the other hand, encourages you grab ideals in byte-size chunks and use your updates as jumping off points to other places or just let others know what you’re up to at any given moment.

I am using Twitter for long time,its helping me a lot. I prefer Twitter compare to Facebook.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.