Hi everyone

I am seo last 5 month please can you suggest me different between SEO and SEM.

MD.kalam
Thanks & regards

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

The biggest difference between SEO and SEM is organic vs paid.
SEO = Search Engine Optimization
SEM = Search Engine Marketing

SEO = you can enhance SERP results by tweeking chances on your website
SEM = its all about paid marketings, PPC, banner ads, any paid drivers that help bring traffic to your website.

I encourage you to search on this forum and you will find a wealth of insights.

Hi everyone

I am seo last 5 month please can you suggest me different between SEO and SEM.

MD.kalam
Thanks & regards

The previous reply is nice! I agree with him. Actually SEM depends a lot on SEO. You have to increase your ranking in search engines to achieve target traffic and hence can do good marketing for your site.

Search Engine Optimization is organic. You make changes on-site and off-site (no paid inclusions) to enhance your rankings in SERPs.

Search Engine Marketing includes all the paid SEO strategies.
:-)

Hi everyone
Thanks for suggest me different between SEO and SEM

MD.kalam
Thanks & regards

I am going to start with SEO, as it is a part of SEM. SEO is the act of optimising the HTML and other content of your website for relevant, targeted key phrases in order to attain higher natural listings than competing websites. SEO provides a cheaper long term solution for increased qualified traffic and generates customer inquiries that ultimately convert to sales.

Now SEM is broader than SEO. It includes SEO and other areas to improve a sites visibility in search engine results pages, like paid listings and paid inclusions.

SEM = its all about paid marketings, PPC, banner ads, any paid drivers that help bring traffic to your website.

Good answer! Simply and also rely this question.

This is the correct answer for the post. Thanks for accurately differentiating between SEO and SEM.

Thanks for explain very well, in simple words

SEO (search engine marketing) is a part of SEM (search engine marketing). Both have the same target of achieving maximum traffic to the website.

Hi,
SEM means everything that can be done to utilise the technology of search engines whose main goal is to promote a website and increase its traffic.While purpose of SEO is to make the site useful for both Search engines and its users.
Thanks.

In my own opinion, SEM might include SEO. SEM also includes PPC, CPM besides SEO. In other words, SEM for paid traffics while SEO for organic ones. :)

that was a pretty good outline guidance..I am really thankful..this was a helpful idea

Search Engine Optimization is what is done to your site to ensure that the end users have a friendly easy to use web site with search engine friendly Menus and search engine friendly URLS that Google, Yahoo, MSN and Ask.com crawl through and find your content. Search Engine Marketing is doing the advertising and marketing of your site.

After this post, all of the other explanations were pretty much trying to say what this post said in a different way.

What should one look for in a site designer for maximum Seo and Sem?
What does Serp stand for?

What should one look for in a site designer for maximum Seo and Sem?
What does Serp stand for?

In terms of what a site designer should bring to the table to provide maximum SEO and SEM is a basic understanding of both concepts. Beyond that, unless the site designer is also writing the content for the site, they are only involved in the technical side of things. Otherwise, the person or persons writing the content for the site will have more impact on the SEO and SEM as they are responsible for righting engaging, keyword-rich content that will attract visitors and keep them on your pages.

SERP stands for Search Engine Results Page and it is basically the list of sites you get when you search for a specific keyword or term. Many people are fixated on high SERP position but I and many others advocate focusing on the quality of your content rather than designing your page for maximum SERP results.

Many people are fixated on high SERP position but I and many others advocate focusing on the quality of your content rather than designing your page for maximum SERP results.

Great comment,
comparing current search results with the practices of prior years, and looking at the wayback machine
there are huge changes in algorithms used,
it wont be long till pages designed solely to maximise SERP are a negative impact and lessen SERP

I really had no idea about SEM so far....thanks guys.

good mention here thanks for sharing here

Personally, I don't consider SEO to be a part of SEM. The goal for SEO is to be ranked high on the search engines.
SEM, like previously mentioned, would include PPC, Paid Inclusion, etc.

Bigger companies/sites need to include SEM in their plans, whereas smaller businesses can get away with just SEO

I think SEO is a subset of SEM. But the two are highly related to your site promotion. No SEM campaign is complete without SEO.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.