Hi every one I have duplicate title of my 15 page.Is it a issue or not?How Google see this?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Although it is no big deal you are probably better off having a unique and different title with the same keyword or phrase. Although there is NO duplicate content penalty, Google simply indexes the first content the find and disregard the rest. So you are better off having 15 different ones than ONE repeated 15 times.

Agreed - it can be confusing for both users and search engines alike if each page has the same title.

Since title tag is the most important factor of on-page optimization, having unique and relevant title for every page would be a necessary, IMO. :)

Thanks,

Title of your post is considered first, then to the content, if multiple pages with a headline, only one page view, just like you disguise it, it could be considered fraud.

Hi every one I have duplicate title of my 15 page.Is it a issue or not?How Google see this?

It's a serious issue. Duplicate titles won't help you much with search engines. If you check the google webmaster tool platform you will see that you will get it as an error.

Make sure you change them and add some revelant title.

Although it is no big deal you are probably better off having a unique and different title with the same keyword or phrase. Although there is NO duplicate content penalty, Google simply indexes the first content the find and disregard the rest. So you are better off having 15 different ones than ONE repeated 15 times.

I think this applies to content. Google indexes the first page they find and then discounts all the other pages when they find the same content.

I do agree that you should have different titles for your pages, and this is not just to reflect different keywords but to have a title that is closely relevant to your page.

Since title tag is the most important factor of on-page optimization, having unique and relevant title for every page would be a necessary, IMO. :)

Thanks,

Agreed. Title is an important issue in on page seo.

You will have to ahve unique ones. Otherwise it can be confusing and not user friendly nor SE friendly.

Duplicate Title is big problem. Use Xml-Sitemaps.com to generate your site map. Under Sitemap.html please check if all the Title are the same. You'll get penalized if all title tags are 100% similar.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.