Hi,

I read about link wheeling for SEO. In this, I have two doubts.

1. Whether Link Wheeling is a White Hat SEO.
2. Whether the same content (without any change) could be used for the wheeling, viz., in articles, blogs, hubs, squid, etc.

Request your responses.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I have never heard the term link wheeling and I have no clue what it is.

In its simplest terms, a link wheel is a series of independent, unique web properties, ideally with a high PageRank and degree of authority, which link back to your site. At the moment, this doesn’t sound too different to a regular linking campaign, but the next stage is where the wheel aspect comes into play: as well as linking to the target site, the sites in question also link to the site next to them in the wheel, creating a series of ’spokes’ which lead to the ‘axle’ or ‘hub’, which is the target site.

In its simplest terms, a link wheel is a series of independent, unique web properties, ideally with a high PageRank and degree of authority, which link back to your site. At the moment, this doesn’t sound too different to a regular linking campaign, but the next stage is where the wheel aspect comes into play: as well as linking to the target site, the sites in question also link to the site next to them in the wheel, creating a series of ’spokes’ which lead to the ‘axle’ or ‘hub’, which is the target site.

Yes. Fully understood. But then, whether the content can be same for all - like squiddo, hubpages, blogs and to the website in question. This was my question.

What happens if your articles are not popular, does it still have the same amount of weight as the popular article?

I've tried link wheel and it doesn't seem to help my page rank at all. I used webring, which is like link wheel.

Ahh, gotcha! Thanks for the explanation brayanaustin. How hard are they to put together though? you have to get all of these publishers to agree to link to two different sites, with one of the two being a site that every publisher in the link wheel is linking to.... Seems hard to coordinate, no?

" Some people say it's a white hat other say it is black hat....but i think the concept of link wheel is very old and been around since the internet started,the whole WWW is interconnected via many link wheels..so the question is Can google detect a deliberate link wheel?"

" A "link wheel" is just another fancy name to avoid calling it what it really is a link exchange scheme.It may work and work well for a while but on the other hand if Google gets wind of it (not at all hard to do) IMO they will devalue the links."

"Use at your own discretion, remembering that there really are not any new and wonderful solutions to getting your site ranking. All you need to do is to follow the tried and true rules and apply plenty of elbow grease."

maybe these quotes can help u ....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.