I have a few websites, where one is the name site and the rest are just for building links. What I have done is that I have created many category pages on the primary website. However, I have also used another domain name for one category page. Will this affect my ranking? I also want to know if this will give result than the regular linking practice. I am just praying that it doesn’t come with a negative impact. Has anyone done the same practice? Did it prove to be fruitful? If it had a negative effect, what did you do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,

I don't think this would have any negative impacts for SEO purpose since Google or other search engines would simply treat them as contents from different sites since they are on different domains. Also, it might be helpful for back linking purpose since they are on different domains and if you have put mutual links on different domains(category pages). :)

all the best,

I have a few websites, where one is the name site and the rest are just for building links. What I have done is that I have created many category pages on the primary website. However, I have also used another domain name for one category page. Will this affect my ranking? I also want to know if this will give result than the regular linking practice. I am just praying that it doesn’t come with a negative impact. Has anyone done the same practice? Did it prove to be fruitful? If it had a negative effect, what did you do?

It all depends really.

The worse case scenario would be: if you have many similar-looking web sites registered under the same name on the same cheap server with essentially the same content throughout all the web sites and all pointing links to the same place, it will look fishy.

The best case scenario would be: the search engine doesn't detect the manipulation and ranks your important web pages according to their merit.

It will not show any negative effect, it all depend on Google algo and link juice

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.