Hi ive tried the search but it gives lots of different responses than id like. My question is what exactly is social bookmarking, how do you do it? Ive seen some threads here offering lists of dofollow sites. Ive been to some of them. Do people simply go to the site, join, then add their websites? Or do they even go as far as add every individual page? Ive only really been on stumbleupon but used it for personal interest and have never considered promoting my site with it? Am i missing a massive base of SEO basics here?

Many thanks for any clarity here

Alan

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

You can gather knowledge from social bookmarking site with different category and also bookmark your site for increasing your page index.

Social bookmarking is a basic step for bookmark your website for boosting and indexing in search engine for ranking position.

In Social Bookmarking, you post those new article or content of your website to be crawled and seen by Google and users. It is also a good source of traffic and backlinks (if dofollow)

The basic purpose of social bookmarking is of-course to bookmark URL's, to create backlinks and generate traffic. Therefore, social bookmarking is at a time a backlink generation activity as well as a social media marketing technique.

I prefer to create bookmarking backlinks manually but some persons say that Bookmarking Demon is a very good tool.

Wow, so far my link-building has consisted of finding related forums to post on, and putting a link in the sig, article marketing but very little of that, mainly squidoo and ezine really, and just started using google blogsearch and commenting there. Not getting that many links, eg around 100 or so per site, at best if im being honest.

Cheers for the info guys. So tell me, would you or I literally go to a bookmarking site and bookmark every page of my site? and im guessing bookmarking is as simple as getting a page in the browser and clicking some sort of option? I'll definately check this out. Are there any other obvious things i'm missing? i have actually read around link-building, but the guides ive read are quite vague with very little practical advice on how you do this or that, how to go about it?

Many thanks again for your input so far.

Kind regards

Alan

About tools like bookmark demon i say automation is great but be carful not to spam... The idea behind bookmarking is that people love your site and bookmarked it on their own.

So... If you have a site with unchanged content And low bookmarking history on top of unchanged search engine positions it might be smarter to do things slowly

Cheers, sagive

No, social bookmarking is done by the visitors of a website who add it to the anyone of the social book-marking icons displayed below the web page. For example, when you see the words"Share this post" and some icons of SB sites like Stumbleupon, digg and delicious below them, you can add the post to anyone of your accounts on such sites.

This way, people can browse the post, when they are using their SB a/c and if they have added you as a contact/friend.
Webmasters include such icons below their pages so that interested users can add them to their SB sites.

Hi ive tried the search but it gives lots of different responses than id like. My question is what exactly is social bookmarking, how do you do it? Ive seen some threads here offering lists of dofollow sites. Ive been to some of them. Do people simply go to the site, join, then add their websites? Or do they even go as far as add every individual page? Ive only really been on stumbleupon but used it for personal interest and have never considered promoting my site with it? Am i missing a massive base of SEO basics here?

Many thanks for any clarity here

Alan

But all the social bookmarking sites bring traffic and back links. Choose only High PR sites.

Social bookmarking is an effective method of Off page SEO. It plays an essential role in promoting the business, creating backlinks and increasing the web traffic. You can increase sales by increasing quality traffic via bookmaks.social bookmarking is really necessary for gain a good traffic.

Social bookmarking is a powerful tool in promoting a website. Social bookmarking is a way for web users to organize, share, search, and control bookmarks of web resources.

Social Bookmarking is nothing but a website where one can bookmark their favourite websites which can be accessed from any computer present anywhere in this world.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.