Say I rewrite a URL from www.exampleurl.com/article.asp?id=100&title=bacon-rashers to www.exampleurl.com/100/bacon-rashers will search engines try to crawl the folders '100' and 'bacon-rashers', which of course don't actually exist? Have Google or anyone written about this? I've done a quick search and can't find anything...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't believe they will, especially since what you're proposing is a common way of rewriting URLs nowadays. However, for the absolute best navigation hierarchy (for both seo and usability, of course), it's a really good idea to actually create default pages for the two folders as part of your site's structure.

I observe that can read but when we talking about ranking of website then we can lag behind because of dynamic url if we don't use url rewriting.

If we optimize this as title used in web page then it will be good in terms of ranking on search engines.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.