Hello everybody,

Can anyone tell me what is pinging exactly? How it is related to website positioning on search engine?

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Pinging is just a process to inform the search engines that you have new content in your blog or site. I don't think it has any strong relation with serp positioning. If the search engine finds your blog more suitable for a particular keyword, then it will position it better.

Yes, I am absolutely agree with your answer. Through pinging we inform search engine robots that our website/blog has new content but according to me pinging also directs search engine robots to come and cache new content that have been online posted before time and also it also displayed in between search engine blog search section.

Okay, So we can say that by applying this strategy, One can increase their SERP position also as well! please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the nice information...

Yes "OliviaSSLGuru" is correct.

Pinging is the process that notifies about the site updates to blog tracking system.

Hello everybody,

Can anyone tell me what is pinging exactly? How it is related to website positioning on search engine?

Thanks in advance.

Pinging is a process of informing Google about your new content by submitting it to some bookmarking sites. there is lot of tools like social marker available for pinging purpose.
the main advantage of pinging is your links is crawled and indexed immediately

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.