At present I have a client who has 3 domains and a wordpress subdomain.
Domain 1 performs best at present and it is intended to build the new main site on this with domain 2 also pointing to it.

Would it be best from an SEO point of view to have the wordpress blog located in domain1/blog/ or would it work best as domain3?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

It's not a problem but optimizing the site for search engine friendly is very important.

I think either way is fine. Just make sure you do On Page SEO and Link Building regularly.

You should also consider putting the blog on a subdomain of domain 1

i.e. www.blog.domain1

This has worked well for me in the past but i know other SEOs/ Webmasters that swear by putting ti in a directory www.domain1/blog I would advise against using a third domain - better to build all thw value into one main domain. If they are on the same server google will not see these as useful external backlinks anyway.

Thanks, that is a really useful reply. I didn't realise that Google would not give any weight to backlinks if the domains are all on the same server.

Does this mean that if I design 10 sites for different clients, and using reseller hosting, host them all on the same server, that links between these sites would have little value, or have I misunderstood?

Hi Helen,

Firstly its hard to know the exact truth, as with anything to do with the google algorithm so there will be different points of view on this one depending on people's experience, which may vary.

Does this mean that if I design 10 sites for different clients, and using reseller hosting, host them all on the same server, that links between these sites would have little value, or have I misunderstood?

My belief is that these links will have value but less than if they were hosted on different servers.

I also suspect google may look at google Analytics codes to identify websites that are hosted on different IP addresses but that appear to be under the same management but that is pure speculation.

That's really interesting - thanks for taking the time to answer so quickly

Its a on page .
1. Always start with keyword research selection and testing.

2. Use of HTML tags—Meta description tag,ALT tags and H1 tags.

3. Have a simple URL structure,it should be as short as possible but keyword-rich.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.